Sign in to follow this  
branks737

Twin mini mouse curser when undocking cdu

As the topic states, I am now experiencing a mini second mouse curser when undocking the CDU's. It only occurrs when I undock the CDU and when the main mouse curser is over the undocked CDU. 

I'm running the latest 737ngx in P3Dv4 hotfix 1 and up to date win10.

A few weeks I noticed a thread about this but I just cannot find it and I was wondering if there was a solution to this?

This seems to be a Windows 10 issue. Through the evolution of my computers. and one hardware failure, I have gone back and forth between Win 10 and 7 and I always experience this in Win 10 and never 7 regardless of which hardware I used.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

4 hours ago, Ralgh said:

This seems to be a Windows 10 issue. Through the evolution of my computers. and one hardware failure, I have gone back and forth between Win 10 and 7 and I always experience this in Win 10 and never 7 regardless of which hardware I used.

The exact same thing i was going to write. Maybe a ticket to PMDG would be a good idea.

Sergio Naiberg

I just installed win10 and I did not have this issue with win7. Thanks, at least I know I'm not the only one.

16 hours ago, Bogga said:

The exact same thing i was going to write. Maybe a ticket to PMDG would be a good idea.

The above is from the PMDG Tech Team, so a ticket to PMDG is going to go in full circle.

It appears I have this issue solved.....I hope. I went into the control panel, not the settings menu but the old school Windows control panel. Then went to my mouse and then its pointer settings. For both the arrow pointer and the hand style pointer I clicked the "use default" button. After doing that I went into the sim and there was no more second pointer coming up. It seems this has fixed the issue.

Edit: I also wanted to add that I never changed the mouse cursor settings from the original Windows install on a computer that I built myself so I have no idea why it was not already using the default cursors. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

7 hours ago, Ralgh said:

It appears I have this issue solved.....I hope. I went into the control panel, not the settings menu but the old school Windows control panel. Then went to my mouse and then its pointer settings. For both the arrow pointer and the hand style pointer I clicked the "use default" button. After doing that I went into the sim and there was no more second pointer coming up. It seems this has fixed the issue.

Edit: I also wanted to add that I never changed the mouse cursor settings from the original Windows install on a computer that I built myself so I have no idea why it was not already using the default cursors. 

Thanks very much Tom, it worked, you nailed it!

This topic should be pinned!

Sergio Naiberg

I'd like to take full credit but I had help.One of the NGX testers got me pointed in the right direction. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

13 hours ago, Ralgh said:

You legend, this worked for me too. Thanks 

I still have the same problem ever since ive installed the product (only using Win 7), and changing mouse pointer settings doesnt seem to make any difference. I always get green blur next to the cursor when hovering over 2D CDU panel keys and the mouse pointer changes. It doesnt seem to appear on any other 2D panel or the VC.

A green blur is different than what we were seeing and solved. I haven't heard about that one before. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Anybody noticed that with latest october windows 10 update, the twin mini cursor re-appeared. I clouldn't fix it with Tom's instruction this time.

If someone has a fix for this new bug, pleae post the solution here, I tried making every icon to default, but did not work.

Thanks

Sergio

Sergio Naiberg

13 hours ago, SergioN said:

Anybody noticed that with latest october windows 10 update, the twin mini cursor re-appeared. I clouldn't fix it with Tom's instruction this time.

If someone has a fix for this new bug, pleae post the solution here, I tried making every icon to default, but did not work.

Thanks

Sergio

Are mouse pointer shadows activated on your system?

Hi Marc, no it isn't. I discovered now that browsing another arrow (arrow_i) solved the issue, I don't remember which Link Select or hand I selected, but the ones having this problem again, can try browsing a for a substitution until the mini mouse shadow is gone.

Regards

Sergio Naiberg

I know this is an old topic but instead of creating a new one, I'd just post here. I'm having this problem even after trying the above. Also new to windows 10. Only in the NGX too.

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot