Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

Stutters Out The CA Side Window

Since I am a loyal PMDG flyer I dont know if this is an issue with LM P3dV4 r with PMDG products. 

On takeoff roll everything seems smooth looking forward through the CA and FO front. windscreen but when I look out the side windows I notice stutters of varying level until I am off the runway.

I am only thinking it is a PMDG related issue because of the additional performance demands. Anyone have a thought or solution?

Thanks

Randy Smth.

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

You posted this in the general forum, so it would really help to know which plane you were talking about since you didn't exactly specify that.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

2 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

You posted this in the general forum, so it would really help to know which plane you were talking about since you didn't exactly specify that.

All...NGX 777 QOS

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

I've always noticed a stutter when looking down out the side window, either side, in P3D and it probably exists in FSX. However, the stutters are very slight and only recognized if one looks at the ground and watches points on the ground.  In my case they are very subtle.  I have my 6700K running at 4.7GHz and my DDR4 RAM is running at 3400 MHz, maybe that helps.

I always just accepted it as an artifact of the rendering system. As something moves towards you it's apparent position change in the field of view is much less than if the object is moving by your side.  At least that is my rationalizing.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

On 03/08/2017 at 11:01 AM, downscc said:

I've always noticed a stutter when looking down out the side window, either side, in P3D and it probably exists in FSX. However, the stutters are very slight and only recognized if one looks at the ground and watches points on the ground.  In my case they are very subtle.  I have my 6700K running at 4.7GHz and my DDR4 RAM is running at 3400 MHz, maybe that helps.

I always just accepted it as an artifact of the rendering system. As something moves towards you it's apparent position change in the field of view is much less than if the object is moving by your side.  At least that is my rationalizing.

Glad I'm not the only one with this.

9 hours ago, VHOJT said:

Glad I'm not the only one with this.

You are not alone. 

Flightsim FSX up to P3DV4 has this issue. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Just a few days ago I tried to get rid of these stutters but I also decided to just accept it as I wasn't able to get rid of them completely. In some scenarios turning on V-Sync actually does remove all of the stutters but not when you're in the VC though. Not too much of an issue in my opinion, unless you're doing some low altitude high speed flying. 

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.