Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

New P3Dv4 GTN 750 working in A2A C172 and Real Air Turbine Duke

After installing the new Flight 1 GTN Complete version I was able to get the GTN 750 to work in my RA Turbine Duke and A2A C172 in P3Dv4 !

On my system I installed my A2A aircraft into the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder in my Documents, I did the same thing for my Real Air Duke Turbine.

Ironically the PMDG aircraft I installed didn't use this approach and installed directly into the sim (like Orbx does).

There seems to be a problem for the F1 GTN configure app when you open it because it seems to only see default P3dv4 aircraft and the add-ons that went directly into the P3Dv4 install folder like the PMDG in my case. The other add-ons, that work fine in the sim, like A2A and my RA Duke do not show up in the F1 GTN config list as they were all installed outside of the main P3Dv4 install.

However (in my case) if you go into:

Prepar3D v4 Add-ons > A2A > A2A > Cessna172 > Tools > C172 Aircraft Configurator.exe

Run it and change the GPS to 750 it works like a charm!

Likewise for the RA Duke you need to run its Config Panel.exe file and select Flight1 GTN 750 under the GPS & Radios tab

My path to that file is the following:

Docs > Prepar3D v4 Add-ons > Turbine Duke V2 P3D3 > RealAir > duketvv2p3d2 > Config Panel.exe

My path to the RA Duke Config Panel file may be different than yours as I just copied my entire original Turbine Duke V2 P3D3 folder without changing file names into my Prepared 3D v4 Add-ons folder and used the add-on.xml approach.

Bottom line I now have the GTN 750 working in my Duke Turbine and in my A2A C172 and all is good for now in P3Dv4 land!

Joe

• Upvote 2

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Thanks Joe!!!

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

For those of you that want to make set-up edits to the F1 GTN 750 through the F1 GTN config tool this method works to get it to show in the list of aircraft but it is not necessary to get it to work in the aircraft if you followed my previous post a little before this one.

From the other GTN 750 released post:

The way I got my A2A aircraft (installed in P3Dv4) to show in the F1 GTN Config list was to copy the aircraft root folder (for example, A2A_C182 folder for the Skylane) from it's install location in the "Documents" folder over to the Prepar3d\SimObjects\Airplanes folder, then configure using the F1 Config tool.  Once done copy the A2A_C182 folder back over to Prepa3d v4's "Documents" location.  Kinda messy but it works till we get it all sorted out.  The F1 GTN Config tool seems to require much the same file structure for installed aircraft as we've been use to.

HTH

Greg

Hi Greg

I used your approach and it worked.

However once I made the settings I wanted in the F1 GTN Configurator, particularly setting CPU to Core 1 i.e. the 2nd core to keep it off the first core as well as a couple other settings I prefer and copied that file back into the add-on folder I than deleted the A2A aircraft folder from the P3Dv4 root folder because it's not supposed to be there. I tested the settings changes I made and they all are working but obviously the aircraft doesn't show up anymore in the F1 GTN list. I won't have to make any further changes so that's OK and this way I don't have to worry about the aircraft folder being in the P3Dv4 root folder and the add-ons folder.

Thanks for the help!

Joe

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Another option for customizing your GTN in these birds is simply to browse to the root aircraft folders and open the "F1GTN.INI" file in notepad.

You can then make all necessary changes, file, and save.  Does the same as the F1 GTN CONFIG tool.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

5 hours ago, joepoway said:

After installing the new Flight 1 GTN Complete version I was able to get the GTN 750 to work in my RA Turbine Duke and A2A C172 in P3Dv4 !

On my system I installed my A2A aircraft into the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder in my Documents, I did the same thing for my Real Air Duke Turbine.

Ironically the PMDG aircraft I installed didn't use this approach and installed directly into the sim (like Orbx does).

There seems to be a problem for the F1 GTN configure app when you open it because it seems to only see default P3dv4 aircraft and the add-ons that went directly into the P3Dv4 install folder like the PMDG in my case. The other add-ons, that work fine in the sim, like A2A and my RA Duke do not show up in the F1 GTN config list as they were all installed outside of the main P3Dv4 install.

However (in my case) if you go into:

Prepar3D v4 Add-ons > A2A > A2A > Cessna172 > Tools > C172 Aircraft Configurator.exe

Run it and change the GPS to 750 it works like a charm!

Likewise for the RA Duke you need to run its Config Panel.exe file and select Flight1 GTN 750 under the GPS & Radios tab

My path to that file is the following:

Docs > Prepar3D v4 Add-ons > Turbine Duke V2 P3D3 > RealAir > duketvv2p3d2 > Config Panel.exe

My path to the RA Duke Config Panel file may be different than yours as I just copied my entire original Turbine Duke V2 P3D3 folder without changing file names into my Prepared 3D v4 Add-ons folder and used the add-on.xml approach.

Bottom line I now have the GTN 750 working in my Duke Turbine and in my A2A C172 and all is good for now in P3Dv4 land!

Joe

I do all this and it has no effect the GTN 750 is non functional.  What am I missing?

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

6 hours ago, brucewtb said:

I do all this and it has no effect the GTN 750 is non functional.  What am I missing?

Bruceb

I'm not sure.

If you successfully installed the new version when you launch he F1 GTN CONFIG tool does it show the list of all the default aircraft if it doesn't something is wrong with the install.

If it does show in the list and you followed the first part of the instruction above does the GTN 750 show in the C172 panel?

If it does but isn't on make sure you turned the device on with the "on knob"

Joe

My GTN Complete, just purchased, will not launch unless i start the sim (P3d) with the anti virus turned off. I use AVG Free.

Once the sim is up and running I can turn virus protection back on and all is well.

I have no idea why it is like this.

Dave

Can confirm Comanche 250 is also working great using the A2A tool

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Anyone have the FSX version of the Turbine Duke installed in P3D?  When I try to apply any changes in the Real Air configurator, ie on the GPS page to enable the 750 I get a series of errors stating unable to write to XML and no edits are saved.  To start cold and dark which is another option in the configurator I had to edit one of the mentioned XML files and change a line from 1 to 0, or other way round.  I've looked through the XML files for the GPS 750 settings but can't see where to "switch it on".

Any ideas?

Thomas Derbyshire

8 hours ago, joepoway said:

I'm not sure.

If you successfully installed the new version when you launch he F1 GTN CONFIG tool does it show the list of all the default aircraft if it doesn't something is wrong with the install.

If it does show in the list and you followed the first part of the instruction above does the GTN 750 show in the C172 panel?

If it does but isn't on make sure you turned the device on with the "on knob"

Joe

Where is this "on knob" sr? I can´t turn on GTN750 in my A2a Comanche.

Ta arching- I had to reset the battery switch and master avionics for it to turn on in the Comanche. My understanding is that's the intended behavior. Hope that helps

The Duke is great with the 750 integration. I love the planes with 750 integration so I just bought Carenado's PA31T CHEYENNE II. Fantastic turboprop with the GTN 750 integration in the panel. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb