Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

New P3Dv4 GTN 750 working in A2A C172 and Real Air Turbine Duke

21 hours ago, JYW said:

Another option for customizing your GTN in these birds is simply to browse to the root aircraft folders and open the "F1GTN.INI" file in notepad.

You can then make all necessary changes, file, and save.  Does the same as the F1 GTN CONFIG tool.

Thanks 

I looked into the .ini file and found the CPU=  line. It looks like 0 is for all cores and 1 is the first core and so on.

I was wondering how to set the second and third cores, might it be:

Core = 1,2 ?

The reason is I move everything off the first core so P3D has it all to itself but I find the GTN app takes anywhere from 6 to 11% of the CPU when it's on and you can double that when you open 2 GTNs on the panel. So when I run it on one core that takes up 40% of that core by itself.

So again I am wondering how to assign it two cores using the .ini file, I know how to do it with other methods but thought it would be slick to just modify the .ini file.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

In this video I show you how to put the GTN 750/650 to the lancair legacy when they are not shown in their configuration tool, very easily and fully functional.

The same goes for the Turbine Duke V2
Greetings.

Saludos:

José Luis Orte Gracia

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

yeEIP.gif

5 hours ago, joepoway said:

Thanks 

I looked into the .ini file and found the CPU=  line. It looks like 0 is for all cores and 1 is the first core and so on.

I was wondering how to set the second and third cores, might it be:

Core = 1,2 ?

The reason is I move everything off the first core so P3D has it all to itself but I find the GTN app takes anywhere from 6 to 11% of the CPU when it's on and you can double that when you open 2 GTNs on the panel. So when I run it on one core that takes up 40% of that core by itself.

So again I am wondering how to assign it two cores using the .ini file, I know how to do it with other methods but thought it would be slick to just modify the .ini file.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Tried your approach but it didn't seem to work, put a value in:-

[GTN750.1]
Radios=0
Autopilot=1
Mouse=1
Link CRS=1
Auto CRS=0
Fuel=1
Sound=1
Invert Mouse Wheel=0
Active Mouse=1
CPU Core=6,7
Airplane=1
Play Click=1
TAWS Voice=1
AVDB=0

in task manager it showed AM to be core 5,

tried a value of CPU Core=3 and Task manager indicated a value of 2

Following the thread on F1 support forum before the realease of v 1.22 it was suggesting using all cores. maybe some one could some light on this.

bob

The F1 GTN Config on my system for whatever reason is not editing the dukes panel.cfg so no in panel GTNs.  Can I get around this by using the Duke's FSX panel.cfg which has the F1 GTNs?

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

10 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

The F1 GTN Config on my system for whatever reason is not editing the dukes panel.cfg so no in panel GTNs.  Can I get around this by using the Duke's FSX panel.cfg which has the F1 GTNs?

Bruceb

Hi Bruce

I had a similar issue, I have the FSX version of the Duke installed and installed this directly into P3Dv4 in the main sim folder a while back.  Since the release of the GTN750 I found by opening the Real Air configurator and selecting the GTN options in the GPS and Radios tab it resulted in no GTN in the P3D VC.  So last night I played around a bit and got it working.

I realised when I made a change in the Real Air configuration tool which was located in \P3D\Real Air it didn't amend any values in the .INI or .cfg files within my P3D installation.  What it did do is amend the .INI files in my FSX installation under \SimObjects\Airplanes\Real Air!  So I set the options within my Real Air Configurator for all things like Graphics/Realism/GPS and hit apply.  I then copied the contents of SimObjects\Airplanes\Real Air folder (can't remember exactly folder name but its there) into my P3D installation and bingo when I launched P3D I had a fully integrated GTN in the VC.  You probably don't need to copy the whole folder contents if you know which .INI files the Real Air configurator changes but I just copied everything.

I can only assume the Real Air configurator is hard coded to look for FSX.exe and amends FSX installation only via a pesky registry entry, this probably applies if you had the Duke installed under P3Dv3 with the same logic  Bear in mind if you have installed doug dawson's 64 bit sound gauge you will either need to install that again or make a copy of the files you changed and put them back after copying everything over.

I hope this helps.

Thomas Derbyshire

4 hours ago, onebob said:

Tried your approach but it didn't seem to work, put a value in:-

[GTN750.1]
Radios=0
Autopilot=1
Mouse=1
Link CRS=1
Auto CRS=0
Fuel=1
Sound=1
Invert Mouse Wheel=0
Active Mouse=1
CPU Core=6,7
Airplane=1
Play Click=1
TAWS Voice=1
AVDB=0

in task manager it showed AM to be core 5,

tried a value of CPU Core=3 and Task manager indicated a value of 2

Following the thread on F1 support forum before the realease of v 1.22 it was suggesting using all cores. maybe some one could some light on this.

bob

So it would appear you can only assign all cores using a value of zero or pick one of the other cores but not two or three in my case of a four core processor. Again I just want to keep it completely off the first core where P3D does primary rendering and loads it at 100% most of the time. As I said the GTN 750 does use quite a bit of CPU and double with 2 installs being utilized like in the RA Duke Turbine if you chose to do so. As you toggle your avionics on and off you can see the load, using task manager, go from nothing to pushing 10% . This is why F1 gave us the option to pick cores to start with.

I use Simstarter to set my cores for all addons even Chaseplane (I run it on the second, third, and forth cores since CP recommends not just one core to avoid potential stutters) but F1 GTN 750 Garmin auto starts with P3D. I'll see what happens if I try to just start it first with Simstarter

As the addons keep becoming available for v4 I am seeing the loading going up and up and finding the settings having to go down so I find core assigning still a beneficial thing even with P3Dv4

Joe

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

45 minutes ago, joepoway said:

So it would appear you can only assign all cores using a value of zero or pick one of the other cores but not two or three in my case of a four core processor. Again I just want to keep it completely off the first core where P3D does primary rendering and loads it at 100% most of the time. As I said the GTN 750 does use quite a bit of CPU and double with 2 installs being utilized like in the RA Duke Turbine if you chose to do so. As you toggle your avionics on and off you can see the load, using task manager, go from nothing to pushing 10% . This is why F1 gave us the option to pick cores to start with.

I use Simstarter to set my cores for all addons even Chaseplane (I run it on the second, third, and forth cores since CP recommends not just one core to avoid potential stutters) but F1 GTN 750 Garmin auto starts with P3D. I'll see what happens if I try to just start it first with Simstarter

As the addons keep becoming available for v4 I am seeing the loading going up and up and finding the settings having to go down so I find core assigning still a beneficial thing even with P3Dv4

Joe

using the last two cores option in the 'F1GTN  config' gives a value of 'CPU Core=998' on my 8 core that's 6&7

edit... CPU=999 will give 'all cores'

bob

7 hours ago, onebob said:

using the last two cores option in the 'F1GTN  config' gives a value of 'CPU Core=998' on my 8 core that's 6&7

edit... CPU=999 will give 'all cores'

bob

Thanks Bob. I'll give it a try

Joe

On 2017-08-02 at 7:53 PM, joepoway said:

However once I made the settings I wanted in the F1 GTN Configurator, particularly setting CPU to Core 1 i.e. the 2nd core to keep it off the first core as well as a couple other settings I prefer ..

Careful.. as best I know, Core=1 in the config app (and ini file) is actually Core0 on your CPU (ie the first core!)

Bert

44 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Careful.. as best I know, Core=1 in the config app (and ini file) is actually Core0 on your CPU (ie the first core!)

Hey Bert

I actually have it set to CPU=2  which is the second core i.e. core 1 of the processor, sorry for the confusion.

Do you know what the F1GTN.ini assignment values are? I'm trying to set any two cores other than the first on my 4 core processor. I looking for 2 and 3 or 3 and 4.

Thanks 

Joe

36 minutes ago, joepoway said:

Hey Bert

Do you know what the F1GTN.ini assignment values are? I'm trying to set any two cores other than the first on my 4 core processor. I looking for 2 and 3 or 3 and 4.

Thanks 

Joe

I do not know of a way to set multiple cores... try 2 or "all".. both seem to work for me.

Bert

10 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I do not know of a way to set multiple cores... try 2 or "all".. both seem to work for me.

I went back into the configurator after moving the A2A_C172 file back into the root P3Dv4 Airplane folder one more time and found the "set last two cores" option and clicked it. As before I copied this new file back into the Add-ons folder again.

This sets the CPU Core = 998 for a 4 core processor. I'll give that a try and see how I like running it on the last two. I was loading up one core too much and don't like anything on the 1st core.

Thanks for all the feedback I appreciate it!

Joe

On 8/4/2017 at 10:42 PM, sidfadc said:

Hi Bruce

I had a similar issue, I have the FSX version of the Duke installed and installed this directly into P3Dv4 in the main sim folder a while back.  Since the release of the GTN750 I found by opening the Real Air configurator and selecting the GTN options in the GPS and Radios tab it resulted in no GTN in the P3D VC.  So last night I played around a bit and got it working.

I realised when I made a change in the Real Air configuration tool which was located in \P3D\Real Air it didn't amend any values in the .INI or .cfg files within my P3D installation.  What it did do is amend the .INI files in my FSX installation under \SimObjects\Airplanes\Real Air!  So I set the options within my Real Air Configurator for all things like Graphics/Realism/GPS and hit apply.  I then copied the contents of SimObjects\Airplanes\Real Air folder (can't remember exactly folder name but its there) into my P3D installation and bingo when I launched P3D I had a fully integrated GTN in the VC.  You probably don't need to copy the whole folder contents if you know which .INI files the Real Air configurator changes but I just copied everything.

I can only assume the Real Air configurator is hard coded to look for FSX.exe and amends FSX installation only via a pesky registry entry, this probably applies if you had the Duke installed under P3Dv3 with the same logic  Bear in mind if you have installed doug dawson's 64 bit sound gauge you will either need to install that again or make a copy of the files you changed and put them back after copying everything over.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for that.  If i just replace my P3D duke panel.cfg with my GTN enabled FSX Duke panel.cfg I seem to get a functioning GTN in P3D4.  However I take it from what you are saying that you can achieve the same outcome by making your selections in the FSX Real Air Config utility and then copying the FSX RealAir folder which, among a lot of other things, contains the Config.ini and the F1GTN.ini into P3D.  I guess by doing it this way you can setup things like cold and dark cockpit.  Also not sure how any of this effects the installation of doug dawson's 64 bit sound gauge.  Thanks.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Yes precisely Bruce.  Ignore my advice about the sound gauge!

Thomas Derbyshire