Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Wednesday Mystery Flight

Pics from this evenings flight.   Where and guess the flight level?

DC6_Test1.jpg

DC6_Test2.jpg

DC6_Test3.jpg

DC6_Test4.jpg

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Some place that I never fly that's for sure.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

10,000 ft over NW Nevada?

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I'm guessing Atacama Desert region, Chile. I'll go with 15,000.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

36 minutes ago, somiller said:

I'm guessing Atacama Desert region, Chile. I'll go with 15,000.

Mostly correct.  It is the Puna de Atacama, about halfway between Calama Chile and Salta Argentina.

Flight Level is a bit higher.  21,000

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Jeff,

Great picture...was certain it was Chile, or close to. Hard to believe you can be at 21,000 and aren't even close to being in the middle of the air (old military flyer's joke that it's best to fly in the middle of the air - bad things happen at the edges).

How do you like the DC-6? Haven't talked myself into it yet.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

20 hours ago, somiller said:

Jeff,

How do you like the DC-6? Haven't talked myself into it yet.

Please! Don't get him started!

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

19 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Please! Don't get him started!

Ron, I'll take that as a "yes" from Jeff and leave it at that...lol.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

I do like the PMDG DC-6 very much.   I have experienced the CTD issue described in this thread, but for me the problem is infrequent and impossible to consistently reproduce.  Most of my DC-6 flights are fine and I really, really like this plane.  Ask Ron how slow I can fly an approach in it.  If you like vintage propliners it is worth a look.   I have the A2A Stratocruiser and Connie and they are very, very good too.  I would not say that the DC-6 is better.  It is a different approach than A2A uses on Captain of the Ship (COS).   I am flying it more than the A2A birds currently because I like the big Douglas bird and enjoy hand flying it more than the Connie or Boeing.

26aLetj.png

Well done Jeff, just one paragraph. :biggrin:

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

1 hour ago, jt_williams said:

I do like the PMDG DC-6 very much.   I have experienced the CTD issue described in this thread, but for me the problem is infrequent and impossible to consistently reproduce.  Most of my DC-6 flights are fine and I really, really like this plane.  Ask Ron how slow I can fly an approach in it.  If you like vintage propliners it is worth a look.   I have the A2A Stratocruiser and Connie and they are very, very good too.  I would not say that the DC-6 is better.  It is a different approach than A2A uses on Captain of the Ship (COS).   I am flying it more than the A2A birds currently because I like the big Douglas bird and enjoy hand flying it more than the Connie or Boeing.

Thanks for the line to this thread, I was thinking I would add this one to my hanger but reading this mess I'll wait until I hear its fixed.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

1 hour ago, jt_williams said:

...I have experienced the CTD issue described in this thread...

Jeff,

I posted an idea to that thread, maybe a stupid idea, but something that COULD be common to all who experience the CTD. Seems quite puzzling, indeed.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1