Sign in to follow this  
Guest vfr_canuck

SUPPORT VATSIM...DEMO FUTURESHOP CANADA...

Guest abent

On Sat, Feb 25th the cysjhangar group will be doing a demonstration of VATSIM and online flying at FutureShop in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada between the hours of 14:00Z and 1900Z. Matt Horan has graciously offered to be online controlling between these hours. We're looking for online flyers to join us as well as as many controllers as we can get in the region as well as neighboring FIRs. At the event, we will not only be demonstrating online flying but also doing an introduction to scenery design using CanUk scenery files. We are bringing all kinds of controllers - rudder pedals, yokes and throttle quadrant. We'll be introducing people to FSINN and SquawkBox3. Last October we did a demonstration at the FutureShop in Saint John, NB and it was a very successful event. To support online flying, please join us online between the hours mentioned above. I'll post more details as they come in. Also, if you are close by, please drop by the Fredericton Futureshop location and feel free to fly on our machines! Adam CanUk

Guest Rockcliffe

That's a great idea, Adam. Perhaps something that could be picked up elsewhere to bring others into the hobby.BlairCYOW

Guest abent

Hi Blair, Yeah, I know of at least 8 people, in attendance at our earlier demonstration in Saint John, NB, who bought FS and loaded up SB3 and are now online flyers. We had a raft of new members join the hangar, some of them now flying on the network, others in the 'learning' phase. I'm by no means a huge FutureShop fan but they do kindly offer a good place to host these things and we, as flight simmers, get great exposure. It really was surprising how many people were crowded around our tables at times during the day.You should consider doing one in Ottawa. Bet you'd get a monster turnout! So man, we gonna see ya online Saturday? ;-)Adam

Guest Rockcliffe

I'll be hosting a birthday party for a seven-year-old -- alone, since my wife's out of town. :-("OK kids -- this is called an MD83 and now we're going to do something called a flightplan!"

Guest vfr_canuck

Blair,I am also in the Ottawa area (actually in Aylmer, across the river) and would gladly spend time, efforts, ressources... and a few beers to help set something up in the National Capital. I know there's many flight simmers in our area.Contact me at brkprivate@gmail.com if interested. Actually, this goes to all interested simmers in the Ottawa/Gatineau area.VFR_CanuckMy hangar: Flight1 PC-12, MAAM DC3, Carenado 182 RGII, Eaglesoft Cirrus SR-22, RealAir SF-260, Carenado 206 Stationair.

Guest abent

Tomorrow is the day. Please feel free to come and fly with us!Our demo is happening between 14:00Z and 19:00Z.Adam