Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

Manfred Jahn DC3/C47

This may have been posted already but cannot find it. Has the Manfred Jahn C47 Version 3 been released for P3Dv4?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

No official release (afaik), but it works just fine in v4 with the usual 64bit sound gauge replacement.

BTW: this sound gauge replacement did not work on my end, no idea what I did wrong... Besides that, the planes works 1A.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Update worked here wonderful aircraft easily as good as any payware stuff out there.

Superb.

Darren Howie

49 minutes ago, DEHowie said:

Update worked here wonderful aircraft easily as good as any payware stuff out there.

Superb.

Thanks,I'm going to give it a try. I already have it installed in P3Dv3.  One more question - what about the effects file mentioned in the instructions? Did you just copy the file into the P3Dv4 effects folder.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Make sure to use version 3.14 and the additional 3.14 file of fixes for that version. You also need the new Doug Dawson gauge updated to 64 bit.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Thanks to all for the advice. The plane is loaded, the 64 bit sound gauge loaded and reassigned in the Panel.cfg file, and everything works beautifully. I have to agree that this is a better aircraft model than most payware aircraft. I think it approaches PMDG quality. I wish the P3Dv4 default Lockheed Electra was this good.

Yep just copy effects.

As Midnight said you need the new gauge from Doug Dawson to get all the effects active.

Love it..

Darren Howie

Maybe it would be helpfull posting a complete file of this wonderful plane

On 8/8/2017 at 0:08 AM, theobrinkman said:

The directory the place the sound-dll file in is this 'effects'? There are no dll's in here yet

The new Doug Dawson sound dll file goes in the panel folder of the aircraft. Be sure to rename it as per instructions in the readme and rename or remove the old one.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

What specifically do I need to update in the panel config file as it relates to the updated sound gauge? 

Stephen Luebbert

4 minutes ago, cavcpt said:

What specifically do I need to update in the panel config file as it relates to the updated sound gauge? 

Stephen Luebbert

No need to change anything in the panel config. you can just rename the 64bit ddl into C47_dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau (yes change the file extension into gau) and overwrite the existing file. 

• Upvote 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090