Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

Manfred Jahn DC3/C47

I stumbled across a video from ehviator that showed a more modern cockpit (gauges, gps, seats, etc.). Does anyone have any information on this?

Here you go.

EDIT: Sorry, that's the link to the thread.  Here's the download link.  Figured I'd save you a step.

This is the most recent version, that includes up-to-date flight dynamics and sounds. All the repaints work with it, though most will need a few small tweaks in the aircraft.cfg entry.

Note that for P3D4 sounds, you’ll need to apply the Doug Dawson sound gauge (described in the posts above and included in the package, with installation instructions).

Enjoy!

Edited by Alan_A

Thanks Alan. I'm assuming this will replace the virtual cockpit for all my current C-47/DC-3 liveries?

Edited by WAL187
Had an additional question

4 hours ago, WAL187 said:

I'm assuming this will replace the virtual cockpit for all my current C-47/DC-3 liveries?

No, it's a separate aircraft with its own Sim Objects folder, sounds, etc. So it doesn't replace the vintage VC automatically. To use the modern VC with a current livery, you'd need to copy the texture into the new Sim Object folder and add the entry to the aircraft.cfg - making sure to edit the entry as needed (important: make sure the panel reference reads "panel=modern".  Also, add "MVC" (or "modern VC," or something like that) to the title line, so that you don't get a duplicate entry warning when P3D launches.

It's a little bit of extra work, but the upside is that you can use both the modern and vintage VCs, including in the same paint if you like (there'd be two separate entries, the original and the modern).  I pick and choose - I fly period versions (like the WWII C-47s) with the vintage VC and current, restored aircraft (like Clipper Tabitha May) with the modern one.

Hope this helps.

Having so much fun with this bird. A final question, I know there is an updated sound pack with the newest version of this aircraft, but I can't remember if there is any specific installation location for this file. Would you happen to know?