Sign in to follow this  
JoeFackel

Further info on P3D 4.1 available?

I've read serveral mentions about Update 4.1 for P3D. Is there any further info around, changelog or similar?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

We may be happy that v4 is out for just 2 months now. What do you expect? Really want to know everything about v5 soon....

Neither i asked for a release date nor did i asked for a new v5. I just asked for further infos as i've already seen mentions of an update 4.1 on on legitimate sources.

That means you can store your "slap-new-version-askers"-Baseballbat back in the holster :dry:

• Upvote 11

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

There were some issues related to dynamic lighting, autogen loading problems and other little things that are rumored to be part of another hotfix.   It was mentioned in the PMDG forum not too long ago, and somewhere else that I can't remember off the top of my head.  Lots of complaints on the LM boards about these issues.  Anyway, hopefully it will come out soon as some of these problems are pretty annoying. 

Ignore the snarky comments by first-grader classroom monitors...they're not worth responding to.

• Upvote 1

JV mentioned in a post on the Orbx forum they are testing against 4.1 so it doesn't sound like it's far away...

• Upvote 3

I hope their4.1 version addresses the nightmare of confusion over addon scenery installation in v4. See the many threads here on Avsim and other flight sim sites related to this.

• Upvote 1

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

I'm all about improvements, and yes many, many improvements have been done since the FSX days; however, I also caution not to fix something that isn't broken, nor implement a way of doing something because some influential developer (or a forum member(s) suggested to do so.  Make things better and less complicated for everyone- and not an unnecessary change which has been driven based on preference rather than simplicity and access. 

3 hours ago, sanh said:

JV mentioned in a post on the Orbx forum they are testing against 4.1 so it doesn't sound like it's far away...

Just proves LM never stops testing and improving their products.  I heard they will be going to a 128-bit version (looking at forums with tongue-in-cheek).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10