Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Does Prepar3Dv4 use any FSX tweaks?

Just curious:  As a new adopter of Prepar3Dv4 (moved from FSX a few days ago), I wondered whether things like HighMem fix, Affinity Mask, or even using Nvidia Inspector were even necessary for this program.  I would appreciate hearing your opinions on this.

Stan

None of them is required and I would strongly suggest starting without any of these (or any other) tweaks.

Highmem has been repaired in Prepar3d1 already. I would start without even an Affinity Mask, notably if you are running with HT off (I have HT on Core 1 off via SimStarter giving Core 0 a bit more headroom, but the observable difference is minimum). Nvidia Inspector was required for Prepar3d until version 3, but LM vastly improved Antialiasing for version 4, thus I'd suggest choosing a higher in-game value and forget about NI. I use the highest setting, but for a weaker Graphics Adapter you may have to opt for a lower setting.

Kind regards, Michael 

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I do not use any tweaks at all. Runs just fine as it is :cool:

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Same here, came over from FSX to v4.  Spent too much time fiddling with cfg files in FSX I've just left it all alone for P3D.  I only use the settings built into the sim itself.

Thomas Derbyshire

Me too, looks phenomenal and flies like dream. In Sim changes only with the exception of Desktop Nvidia Control Panel which uses only the Preview option set to Quality.

Bob

Exactly the same advice as the others. I just crank up most everything to the right and fly in dreamland...

I've not felt the need to tweak anything in P3D, LM did all that already. The very fact that you've bailed on FSX because it needed tweaking, to a platform which doesn't really need those tweaks means you can spend more time flying and less time worrying about that stuff. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

As an also-new adopter of P3Dv4, I have not tweaked or done anything. Runs fine out-of-the-box.

• Upvote 1