Sign in to follow this  
AIRHOG

Moscow City X Dawn, Dusk and Night Trouble

I installed Moscow City X a few days ago (automatically placed at the top of the Scenery List in FSX) and I have just noticed something interesting. During the day, all of the UUWW airport textures look great, but at Night, Dawn, and Dusk someone snuck in and poured concrete all over the place. LOL Well...not all over, just in certain areas as you can see in the photos. 

What could be happening here? The developer says that I'm missing the lights (?) and that I should try reinstalling the Moscow program so I did, but it didn't change anything.

2017-8-3_8-18-46-28_zpsd7ga6tly.png

2017-8-3_8-19-9-941_zps3rern1mw.png

Drzewiecki Design has very good support and the developer is usually right on.  You are missing lights.  I would do an uninstall and reinstall with Admin privileges.  I would make sure UAC is disabled and any anti-virus or anti-malware program is disabled and/or is set NOT to scan your FSX folder. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Drzewiecki Design has very good support and the developer is usually right on.  You are missing lights.  I would do an uninstall and reinstall with Admin privileges.  I would make sure UAC is disabled and any anti-virus or anti-malware program is disabled and/or is set NOT to scan your FSX folder. 

I don't know how to uninstall the scenery as there is no "uninstall" listed when I go to the Uninstall Programs area. It was the same way with the Demo version as well. With that being said, how do I uninstall it? It's the only scenery that I have that is not listed. lol

Any chance you can click on Start/New Programs and see a drop-down for that Drzewiecki Design

software.  It may list an uninstall program.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

14 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Any chance you can click on Start/New Programs and see a drop-down for that Drzewiecki Design

software.  It may list an uninstall program.

No, there is only a pdf manual in the dropdown. nothing more.

16 minutes ago, AIRHOG said:

how do I uninstall it? It's the only scenery that I have that is not listed. lol

I have several Drzewiecki Design programs and I simply go to the directory where it is installed and delete the folder (such as Washington X, Moscow X, New York City X, etc.).  Make sure the demo folder is deleted too (if it exists).  Once this is done, open up Scenery Config Editor and delete the entry or, if you do not have the SCE, then startup FSX and, at setup, open up the Scenery Library and remove the entry(ies) there.

When I do things like this, I will also run Advanced System Care and make sure there are no leftovers in the system registry or elsewhere on my system.  For his simply way of uninstalling one of his products though, I do not think this is really required.  It is if you do uninstall a program via the Add/Remove Programs.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This is really getting frustrating...

So...here is what I've done so far:

1. Deleted the Moscow City X folder from the FSX Addon folder

2. Started FSX and removed Moscow City X from the Scenery Library

3. Reinstalled Moscow City X

4. Ran FSX to make sure that it was at the top of the Scenery Library list

5. Chose UUWW Rwy 24 and launched the flight and got the exact same results as before.

So were are the "Light" files?!?! I've installed and uninstalled MCX at least seven times today and have had no improvements whatsoever. this, coupled with PMDG making my version of their 747 400 & 800 obsolete for livery updates, has truly been the hot steamy one on my day off.

I have no idea what to do now...

Do you have MyTrafficX installed?  The manual for Moscow X says it is not compatible with any of the airports installed for Moscow.  MyTrafficX has the airports around Moscow so the AI can take off and land. 

I found light files in my installations of Washington X, like KDCA_Lights, but something is wrong as I'm sure you have UUWW_Lights and it is strange the file is not being called when you change over to night, dusk, and dawn.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

Do you have MyTrafficX installed?  The manual for Moscow X says it is not compatible with any of the airports installed for Moscow.  MyTrafficX has the airports around Moscow so the AI can take off and land. 

I found light files in my installations of Washington X, like KDCA_Lights, but something is wrong as I'm sure you have UUWW_Lights and it is strange the file is not being called when you change over to night, dusk, and dawn.

Best regards,

Jim

I do have My Traffic 2013 installed. Could that disrupt the textures too? I'm hoping that "My Traffic X" and "My Traffic 2013" aren't related ;)

I did look in the Moscow City X texture folder and found a "LT_UUWW" & "LT_UUWW_LM" dds file; I'm assuming the "LT" is light (I have no idea what "LM" is), so that's a good thing to know, but why wouldn't they work?

2 hours ago, AIRHOG said:

I did look in the Moscow City X texture folder and found a "LT_UUWW" & "LT_UUWW_LM" dds file; I'm assuming the "LT" is light (I have no idea what "LM" is), so that's a good thing to know, but why wouldn't they work?

You should see a .bgl in the scenery folder (which calls the texture).

MyTraffic2013 and MyTrafficX are the same.  Just a difference on who sold them.  Look in MyTraffic/Scenery for BR_UUWW.bgl and rename it.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

10 hours ago, Jim Young said:

You should see a .bgl in the scenery folder (which calls the texture).

MyTraffic2013 and MyTrafficX are the same.  Just a difference on who sold them.  Look in MyTraffic/Scenery for BR_UUWW.bgl and rename it.

Best regards,

Jim

Alright...I renamed the file to BR2_UUWW_ORIGINAL.BLG (mine had a "2" for some reason) but I still get the same results. 

Here is another interesting photo that I took today. Note how the textures seem to be overlapping in areas; I have both normal MCX textures and crazy textures at the same time.

2017-8-4_9-13-3-719_zps7rtfsdj4.png

Also, this happens during the daylight hours, but not as bad. Could REX Essentials Plus have anything to do with this?!

2017-8-3_18-12-2-540_zpsl2qtfic2.png

I've ran out of ideas.  I did check their forum, page 3 of the Moscow City X forum talks about elevation issues and Orbx vector stuff.  Have no idea if this might be related as I do not know if you have any Orbx stuff installed.  You does appear you have an elevation issue and other things are bleeding through.  Here's the link to the forum topic about elevations - http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=367&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

18 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I've ran out of ideas.  I did check their forum, page 3 of the Moscow City X forum talks about elevation issues and Orbx vector stuff.  Have no idea if this might be related as I do not know if you have any Orbx stuff installed.  You does appear you have an elevation issue and other things are bleeding through.  Here's the link to the forum topic about elevations - http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=367&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Best regards,

Jim

Well...I guess I'll just live with it. lol 

No, I don't have any Orbx scenery, just what's listed here. The only one not shown is the SceneryTech Landclass Europe; it is the next one down, just off the screen.

Scenery%20Library_zpsz5d8wfdj.jpg

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Best regards,

Jim

So, what happens when a BackUp folder is made? In my MyTraffic 2013 folder, a backup folder for Moscow City X was made, and in it are 8 airport bgl files. Are these bgl files the original MCX bgl files that would normally overlap the original FSX airport files? In other words, Did MyTraffic pull the bgl files from MCX and store then while replacing them with MyTraffic bgl's into the MCX scenery folder?

My Traffic does nothing to your scenery.  It just installs.  I strongly recommend you have it located just above Propeller Objects in the Scenery Library and all add-ons on top. 

I see you have Ultimate Traffic installed.  Have you tried disabling it to make sure it is not interfering with your Moscow scenery?  Disable it via the utility, not the Scenery Library (look under the Terrain tab in the utility).  It has vector data just like Orbx/FTX Vector.  In fact they compete with each other.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM