Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Tutorial #1

Hi, I recently bought this exquisite aircraft and finally have tome to do the tutorial flight.  

However, it calls for a departure from VRMN.  No I've looked in my Navigraph charts, and all over the Internet.  Did they changes the name of this airport or decommission it?  I'l like some charts to see the SIDs and such.

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

2 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

However, it calls for a departure from VRMN.

I'd suggest a quick re-read: VRMM:wink:

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

I'd suggest a quick re-read: VRMM:wink:

Gosh Kyle, thanks, really I have terrible vision even with glasses.  Appreciate it!

Jack Sawyer

2 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Gosh Kyle, thanks, really I have terrible vision even with glasses.  Appreciate it!

All good. Stuff happens, and minds play tricks on you.

As someone who has to wear contacts when flying, I understand how it goes. Contacts annoy me, so I don't usually wear them when I'm not flying (don't really need to - I'm 20/25, so just under the required min for the flying I do), so when I throw them in, and I can see extra clearly, it makes we wonder how it is for people who can't get by without them.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

All good. Stuff happens, and minds play tricks on you.

As someone who has to wear contacts when flying, I understand how it goes. Contacts annoy me, so I don't usually wear them when I'm not flying (don't really need to - I'm 20/25, so just under the required min for the flying I do), so when I throw them in, and I can see extra clearly, it makes we wonder how it is for people who can't get by without them.

I have bifocals which is bad enough but if I took them of lost them, then everything is an absolute blur.  Plus, I'm dyslexic so it compounds things.

But I try to have fun.  Can't wait to make a real tutorial flight in this 777.

Oh, that reminds me, in the livery manager, why are so many labeled as "Fictional"?

Jack Sawyer

5 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Oh, that reminds me, in the livery manager, why are so many labeled as "Fictional"?

The 777-200LR/F wasn't hugely popular out there, so we provided a ton of extra liveries for airlines that don't fly it, just so people could pretend it's a 777-200ER, or simply change it up.

If you were to look at the 777-300ER, you'd find a different story. Much like the 747-400 liveries, so many airlines fly the plane that we didn't need to add in fictional liveries to give people more options.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle!  That makes sense.  I like the DAL and United Battleship Gray ones a lot.

The FedEx Panda is "cute" my wife loves it.

Jack Sawyer

7 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

The FedEx Panda is "cute" my wife loves it.

Nice! That spent a little bit of time over here at IAD doing its panda delivery and pick up a while back:

https://airandspace.si.edu/multimedia-gallery/web11320-2010hjpg

http://www.nbcwashington.com/entertainment/the-scene/How-To-FedEx-a-Panda-413868133.html

Kyle Rodgers

Oh yeah!  Wicked cool!  I remember when we first got them where I work.  Engines witha nose cowl the diameter of a 737.  I can stand inside of the nose cowl and not touch the top with my hands.

We had to deplau the slides and evacuate people during an FAA test, it was amazing to watch.

They dwarf everything in the hangar except the 74's.  But I like how modern everything is on it, it has a lot of AI.

Oh, quick question, I asked at LM about why they don't have a key for disengaging the autothrottles.  They said there's a setting in the PMDG's setup to change it to a key which I can do then assign that key to a button on my Saitek yoke.  Do you know offhand how I can get to that quickly?  I have the 747 and 777 manuals coming out my ears.

This fall new PC and then all TQ6 stuff, Yoke yoke, Crossywind pedals, real nice stuff.

Thanks Kyle.

Jack Sawyer

13 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Do you know offhand how I can get to that quickly?

On the CDU:

MENU > PMDG SETUP > OPTIONS > KEY COMMANDS > AUTOFLIGHT > Page 7/7

I set the key command of SHIFT+CTRL+2, and then set one of my hardware throttle buttons to send SHIFT+CTRL+2 when pressed.

Kyle Rodgers

Outstanding Kyle, thank you!  I am just about to load the 777 for its first tutorial flight.

Thank you so much.

• Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer

Just now, Jack_Sawyer said:

Cool!  Didn't know that!  Any other 747 tutorials?

Just the one that came with it. Tutorial #2 will probably go out with the 748.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Just the one that came with it. Tutorial #2 will probably go out with the 748.

I won't ask when of course but you KNOW I'm buying that one.

Jack Sawyer