Sign in to follow this  
Virtualwombat

what's the furthest i can push this setting???

Guest stevehow

Hi allthis is my terrain settings..but still looks like it could be a bit more crisper,further out...underneath my aircraft it looks very good.within 5-10 miles i can see the tiles dropping in.anything i can change here so the scenery loads further out???as far as possible would be ideal.. [DISPLAY]UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=20TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=350[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=4TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.9000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=8.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=8athlon 3500 64 939 pin256mb ati powercolor Pe2gb 333 memory75gb SATA driveAv8 939 pin motherboard any suggestions very welcome.. thanks steve

Recommendations from Koorby's VOZ website:[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=3.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4From Holger:There's still a lot of debate what exactly those parameters mean and what units they have but here's what I compiled from various sources and, IMO (!), makes sense: TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1 * that's easy: ON/OFF switch to load higher res textures beyond the initial "ring", which extends to about 40 miles TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.500000 * apparently, values can range from 0 to 9.99 and higher settings will be ignored * extends the use of the highest detailed mips (sharper textures) within the inner circle; lower settings means less than 40 miles and higher settings up to the 40-mile max. * changing this value doesn't seem to make much of a visible difference TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.500000 * same range of values as above * extends the use of higher maps for the outer circle(s). Supposedly, "1.5" reaches to ~70mi and "9.9" to about 100mi * careful!!! A setting higher than 3.9 can lead to "texture tearing" (blue slivers) in the mid- to far distance when high-res mesh is used. Some add-on mesh files - like some of mine - provide additional "buffer" mesh files, which prevent those blue slivers even at settings >3.9 TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4 * range from 0 to 8 * is tied to TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS and defines the max. mip level to be used for the outer ring(s), that is the sharpness of the outer ring textures * I never noticed much difference between 0 and 4; no changes at all when >4 The TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS parameter appears to be the one with the biggest visual influence. Oh, and TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT apparently determines the speed or priority with which ground textures are sent for processing to the graphics card. From Vauchez on FlightScenery.com: [GRAPHICS]FULL_SCREEN=1PERFORMANCE_MODE=0DEF_PERF_MODE=6TEXT_SCROLL=1AUTO_LOD=0DETAIL_TEXTURE=2WATER_EFFECTS=0TERRAIN_USE_VECTOR_MAP=1TERRAIN_USE_VECTOR_OBJECTS=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0SMOOTH_VIEW=1IMAGE_SMOOTHING=1TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1LANDING_LIGHTS=1IMAGE_QUALITY=0TEXTURE_BLDG=1TEXTURE_GND=1TEXTURE_WATER=1AIRCRAFT_TEXTURE=2SEE_SELF=1TEXTURE_QUALITY=3LOD_TARGET_FPS=30NUM_LIGHTS=8[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=0TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.5TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=5Hope I haven't upset anyone by quoting from old posts!IMHO the only way to determine the best settings for your machine is to try a few. The three recommendations above are from reputable sources and they have a lot in common.Cheers,N.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals