Sign in to follow this  
captbignell

DC6-GPS

Hello I am having trouble with the DC6 not tracking the GPS flight plan.

I am using FSCommander to make up the flight plan, and then importing it to the PMDG- GPS.

It starts to track for the first turn or so then takes off from the plan after 5 mins or so.

Whats am I doing wrong, just love this aircraft but not having luck on the GPS.

Thank

Wayne Bignell

You should set CDI to GPS and it will follow GPS track if you turn the Automatic Approach switch to Localizer.

• Upvote 1

Mauricio Brentano

you can fly an IFR flight plan very good with the DC6. You only need to do the climb and cruise altitude yourself. Make sure before connecting the AutoPilot that the turn knob is centered and the knob above the turnknob is set to the left. Once airborne turn on the gyroknob and connect the AP under the mixture handles. Make sure your GPS is set to GPS by clicking the knob below the CDI word, blinking in white. Than turn the knob above the turnknob to navigation (middle). Adjust your climb with the small trimwheel on the pedestal, once cruise level is reached turn on altitude hold on the AP (next to gyro). Good luck

Ronald van Ingen

Hello all / Thanks for the help and I now am able to make a flight with the GPS, It took a time or two to get the things work out.

Great to have the help on this great aircraft.

Thanks again

Wayne Bignell

• Like 1

I tried that, it does not work

VR

Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III