Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Having real trouble trying to download FSX add ons

I can't seem to download any of my add ons for FSX lately, and it's driving me nuts. A large portion of them will just time out because there is supposedly no connection, I can download other things for other programs just fine, but not any of my FSX things, and I don't know what's going on, can someone please tell me what I can do to get things downloaded?

What vendors are you trying to download from? FSDT, Flight1, Simmarket?

Are you using a download manager or anything?

BTW, I moved this to hangar chat since it doesn't really have anything to do with FSX, other than your trying to download addons for it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm having a similar problem with reinstalling my Thai Creations and PRealsoft addons. Initially I was unable to re-install ANY of the products I had purchased from SimMarket. That was solved by doing a fix of my Windows 10 registry but for some reason, the fix doesn't seem to have "taken" for those two particular developers. I'm sure it's related to my Windows installation - I have never had any problems with them before so I know it's not the products themselves but rather a conflict with their anti-piracy protection not finding something it's looking for in my registry.... Or perhaps it's the wicked witch of the East putting a hex on me because I was glad her sister got squished by a flying house...

One possible suggestion is to try turning off your anti-virus protection while installing them????

7 hours ago, Dragonmount said:

Orbx, and PMDG,  both stop in the middle of a download and will not continue.

31 minutes ago, kiwiflyer45 said:

One possible suggestion is to try turning off your anti-virus protection while installing them????

Ok, I'm confused now. Dragonmount is talking about having issues downloading his addons and KiwiFlyer is talking about installing addons.

So Dragonmount, to clarify, are you having issues downloading as in going to the shop you purchased from and downloading the installer, or actually installing the addons.

You stated the post saying you're having trouble downloading, which means obtaining the installer from the shop you purchased it. Installing is a different item. 

So we can help more efficiently, which is it?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Downloading is the issue, I am attempting to download the PMDG 737 base pack, it just stops after a couple of hundred mb it will just stop, restarting the download only leads to the same result.  I've had a bit more luck with the orbx things by unclicking multithreaded downloads, it's still very finicky at best.  Orbx use their own downloader and installer.  the 737 I'm attempting to download is via chrome. I'm wondering if there's a size thing going on of some sort? Most of my fsx products that I use  are at least 500mb-1GB, I seem to have issue with  the larger of the downloads. 

Sorry I misunderstood the problem. I thought you meant they were not installing correctly... Good luck with it...

Ian