Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Time compression analog clock

Did a search couldn't find what I need.

Doing the first 777 tutorial right now.  Following along with the manual.  It tells me to go to the CDU and I can  set it to 4x (which is default), from there.  Or right click the upper left button on the clock.

So I right clicked on the clock and after a few seconds it turned teal color and sped up.  With the CDU open to that page it shows it is ON in Green letters and across from it it shows 4x.

However, in the manual it says if you right click it again it will show red which means 4x.  If I right click it it turns red for a fraction of a second then goes back to amber which is normal time and the CDU reflects this by showing time compression as OFF next to the LSK.

So is teal 4X?  I don't want to go any faster than this but just want to know why it's not showing red as described in the tutorial.

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

11 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

So is teal 4X?

Not necessarily, teal just means that auto time compression is enabled. The aircraft will accelerate time up to 4x and back to normal as it sees fit (it'll drop back for turns, turbulence etc).

2 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Not necessarily, teal just means that auto time compression is enabled. The aircraft will accelerate time up to 4x and back to normal as it sees fit (it'll drop back for turns, turbulence etc).

But the tutorial said with another right click it would be red.  What am I doing incorrectly?

Jack Sawyer

It is only red when there is a mismatch between the simulator and the setting.  So when you click on the toggle on/off to turn it off there might be a short period where it is red or there might not be.  If the simulator returns to x1 quickly then there is no red.

I am confused by the question.  Are you having trouble turning time compression on and off or is this just a question about the indications while doing so?

Dan Downs KCRP

Please read the page in the manual.  Not to be rude and I'm sorry if I come across like that but it specifically says red = 4x.

So since it says that im not sure what compression factor it is.

The manual is quite clear about it.

Jack Sawyer

On 8/3/2017 at 8:14 PM, Jack_Sawyer said:

Did a search couldn't find what I need.

Doing the first 777 tutorial right now.  Following along with the manual.  It tells me to go to the CDU and I can  set it to 4x (which is default), from there.  Or right click the upper left button on the clock.

So I right clicked on the clock and after a few seconds it turned teal color and sped up.  With the CDU open to that page it shows it is ON in Green letters and across from it it shows 4x.

However, in the manual it says if you right click it again it will show red which means 4x.  If I right click it it turns red for a fraction of a second then goes back to amber which is normal time and the CDU reflects this by showing time compression as OFF next to the LSK.

So is teal 4X?  I don't want to go any faster than this but just want to know why it's not showing red as described in the tutorial.

Thanks.

I know this has to be a crazy question, but where did you find the clock?  The tutorial 1.0 says it is to the left of the PDF but all I have is blank space - no clock.  What am I missing?

Richard Jeffries

52 minutes ago, captflyby said:

I know this has to be a crazy question, but where did you find the clock?  The tutorial 1.0 says it is to the left of the PDF but all I have is blank space - no clock.  What am I missing?

Richard Jeffries

the  answer is  simple   your  missing  the  clock   lol.  simple  solution is  to change  it  from  digital   to analog  in the cdu  also if  you would  have  read  the introduction manual  you would  have  found  your  answer as well, 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

15 hours ago, pete_auau said:

the  answer is  simple   your  missing  the  clock   lol.  simple  solution is  to change  it  from  digital   to analog  in the cdu  also if  you would  have  read  the introduction manual  you would  have  found  your  answer as well, 

Thank you Pete.  I read the intro manual, but guess I'd better read it again, before asking any more questions.  Thanks again.

Richard Jeffries

28 minutes ago, captflyby said:

Thank you Pete.  I read the intro manual, but guess I'd better read it again, before asking any more questions.  Thanks again.

Richard Jeffries

Its  ok your not  the only one who  has  missed  some  thing  simple  thats  is  in the intro,  and  you  want  be  the  last either:biggrin:. No  worries  if  you  ask more  question,  its the only  way  to get  answers.  Just  add  i have  read  the intro    and  couldn't  find  the  answer

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg