Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

Where and what do you fly most?

I am loving P3Dv4. For me its like a new simulator compared with the previous versions.

Just out of curiosity, where and what do you topically fly the virtual sky?

I am a tubeliner guy. My favorites are the PMDG 737 & 747, FSL A320, TFDI 717 and Q400.   

Since I was born & raised in Australia I probably spend 40% of my virtual flying downunder. As I have lived in Canada half my life I probably spend another 40% flying in North America. And that remaining 20% I spend flying in Western EU.

As I have no desire to visit Africa, South America, Most of Asia or the middle east I very rarely find any interest in flying these regions. Except for Japan. I enjoy the odd hop around the islands. 

Where do you typically fly?

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I'm also a tubeliner kinda guy. My favorites are in the following order:

1. QW 787 (Whenever that comes out) My favorite plane next to the A350
  2. PMDG 777
  3. PMDG 747
  4. A320

And my favorite places to fly are Asia, mainly SE ASIA such as Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia, and Korea, Japan... Also  Australia, New Zealand, Europe and the US. I'm also not interested in South America, Middle East or Africa.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

FL, Caribbean, Tahiti, Hawaii, Greek Islands, and the ORBX AU, NZ, PNW, Alaska, EU & Norway regions.

I'm a GA guy. I fly the A2a 172, Realair Lancair, TDuke, Twin Otter, Lotus L39, and the Lionheart Epic. I'm waiting for the F1 Mustang to be released.

I also have the new CRJ, but need to get my throttles working.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm also a tubeliner guy.  With the new CRJ, maybe I'll grab some new short haul flights.  My favorite is the NGX then the 777.  Airbus in close third.  I fly short to medium haul in the US and Canada, long haul to the Pacific (NRT, TPE, VHHH) and sometimes to AMS or LHR. 

In P3Dv4 I am kind of limited as a lot of my airports aren't released yet. At the moment I am doing a lot of flights in North America as most of those airports are available. Orbx, Taxi2Gate and Aerosoft/Sim-Wings have not released a lot of my European airports so I am kinda limited as far as EU destinations go. I am from the Caribbean so I also enjoy flying in that region but at the moment the choices are limited. 

I am an airliner fan so at the moment its a big Boeing party in my sim. I just got the baby of the family so I am flying it a lot as I am learning the aircraft. I also just bought the Aerosoft CRJ but can't use it. Thinking of getting a GA aircraft...got my eye on the A2A Skylane but waiting to see if the 787 actually releases this summer. 

Favorite Aircraft- PMDG 747

Favorite Routes-  EHAM/TNCM, EHAM/TNCC, KMSP/KSFO, ENVA/LEBB, KDEN/KSFO, KIAD/TAPA

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

usually 1-3 hour flights in FSLabs A320 around Europe, only thing that keeps my P3Dv3 alive.

Rarely long distance flights with PMDG 777 out of EDDF or EHAM, to Asian destinations (e.g. RPLL) or the Caribbean. 

Island hopping around the Seychelles/Caribbean/Tahiti, using Aerosoft Twin Otter. 

Actually CRJ in P3Dv4, looks like that will take over some of my short haul flights.

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

I recently discovered some Asia payware airports (VHHH, RPLL, RCTP, ...) and love to fly between them with PMDG tubeliners: good performance, nice weather phenomena, beautiful landscape during approaches or take offs.

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

The new P3D v4 version of PACSIM RPLL and RCTP is amazing! They've done a terrific job updating these to P3D v4 standards! Not just a port over of an installer, but they did a complete rehaul. I am hoping to see more developers take note here. I felt a huge and noticeable difference between the versions prior to this. Wow. Feels almost like a completely new scenery.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

12 minutes ago, captain420 said:

The new P3D v4 version of PACSIM RPLL and RCTP is amazing! They've done a terrific job updating these to P3D v4 standards! Not just a port over of an installer, but they did a complete rehaul. I am hoping to see more developers take note here. I felt a huge and noticeable difference between the versions prior to this. Wow. Feels almost like a completely new scenery.

Absolutely. And what I like most, landing approaches at night with DL/4xSSAA are no problem with my moderate system.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I generally fly in the continental US; Pacific NW, Desert SW and the gulf coast.

The aircraft I fly depends on what I feel like doing--sight seeing or heavy weather or a short flight vs a long flight.

The usual aircraft I fly are PMDG NGX and DC-6, A2A Comanche and T-6 Texan and the Milviz group of aircraft. Sometimes Flysimware's offerings. (that's a lot of nice A/C, right there.)

I wish the FSL A320x  would get P3Dv4 ready. I do miss that aircraft. Same for the Q400.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Î'm belgian...

But i flow with small aircraft and commuters, Oceania orbx sceneries : 30%

The Dash8/400: principaly in Norway, with the real weather... because of wonderfull landschapes with very changed climatic conditions... The airports are short, a lot with difficult approachs ( p.expl Sandane). 30%

Airbus 319/321, the european hollidays destinations 20% and 10% caribean islands.

All aircrafts 10% in nord america.

Destinations are only added addon's because I hate default airports... 

Now, I concentred buing of addon's on USA and Asia zone. ( I decided 3years ago, a  constant budget for 3/4 airports/ month. Simulation is mine first hobby.

... waiting of come back of D8/400 and airbus in P3Dv4 because in preparation of a very long World tour of the best Addons.

I fly all aroudn Europe. I like airports like La Palma, Madeira, Genoa, Innsbruck or Salzburg with tricky approaches, visuals etc.

Therefore I like the PMDG 737 the most, followed by the PMDG 777. I also liked the AS Airbuses and I am looking forward to the QW 787 and the AS A330.

But generelly I like 1-2 hour flights with VATSIM the most. After completing a short flight with full ATC I am done and can feel what real pilots go through!

Where I fly: http://www.fsxtracker.com/myflights/swiesma

I usually fly the 737 around Europe with a flight no more than 1-2 hours yet have also spent time in New Zealand - Did an enjoyable flight between CYVR and CYYC the other day though so will probably broaden out to the rest of the World.

Keep meaning to do a full flight from London to Singapore in the Project Airbus A380 but keep wimping out

I tend to fly 150 mile hops with the Virtualcol CRJ or their EMB170. I have some of the more complex aircraft like the NGX and the new Aerosoft CRJ, but I keep going back to the Virtualcols because of their simplicity. I feel that it makes up for my lack of training as an airline pilot!

Right now I am on a cross country trip (US). I started at KHVN, worked my way down to Florida, and then across the country, 150 miles at a time. This gets me to the approach without sitting there all day, but also gives a reasonable amount of cruise time. Right now I am at Gate 28 at KSAN. Will probably move on later tonight. I usually use Radar Contact for ATC, but will just use the built-in ATC if I get lazy...

I have been holding on to P3Dv2 so I could use the GTN750, but now that I have it in v4, I think v2 is going into the dustbin of history. Could always use the extra disk space!

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Right now in P3dv4 with ORBX North America, Vector and Global.  I'm 1/3 of the way on my flights east to west to each state capital in the continental US.   Don't know if I'll make it to Hawaii as I only fly A2A native P3dv4, and the PMDG DC6.  I haven't tried to figure out if I can make it to Hawaii from California.  Anyone made that trip in a four engine piston?

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.