Sign in to follow this  
leol

Engine 4 oil temp and failure with no serviced based failure enabled

Hello, the plane from time to time show a warning for engine 4 oil temp, if I don't cut off the fuel, the engine 4 not only will fail but also cause the engine 3 temp problem, and then 2, 1. So I cut off the fuel 4, and I will at least have 3 engine to land. But the engine 4 has totally failed. This problem usually happens just after TOD after long haul cruise, even though I don't activate any service based nor random failure function in FMC. 

So what causes this happen?

And does the aircraft track my maintenance record such as fluid quantity only when I active the service based failure?

Perhaps it's caused by a corrupt panel state file. That was mentioned as a possible cause in a thread about the 777:

Marc ter Heide

26 minutes ago, voske said:

Perhaps it's caused by a corrupt panel state file. That was mentioned as a possible cause in a thread about the 777:

I don't save any my own panel setting, I just use the last flight state. This only happens with 747 from time to time, especially do a quick descent. 777, 737 have never had this issue for me. Does it mean I have re install it?

27 minutes ago, leol said:

I don't save any my own panel setting, I just use the last flight state. This only happens with 747 from time to time, especially do a quick descent. 777, 737 have never had this issue for me. Does it mean I have re install it?

next  time   dont  use  the  last   flight state or  any other  saved  panel  state   and  see if the issue  persist, you need  to add  your  full  name  to  each of  your  post  as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Oh, sorry. I will add my name next time.

This issue doesn't happen frequently, probably 1 in 20 flights, but 100% at a stage of descent, or quick descent. 

4 minutes ago, leol said:

Oh, sorry. I will add my name next time.

You need to be doing it now, not next time. It's been a rule since PMDG started, and failure to follow it may result in posts being deleted without warning.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

13 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

You need to be doing it now, not next time. It's been a rule since PMDG started, and failure to follow it may result in posts being deleted without warning.

It seems I can't figure out how to edit my post. I edited when I just submitted the post, but now I can't find the Edit button..

32 minutes ago, leol said:

It seems I can't figure out how to edit my post. I edited when I just submitted the post, but now I can't find the Edit button..

Believe after a certain period of time has elapsed, you are no longer able to edit it. Easiest way to avoid forgetting is to go into the control panel and add it into your signature.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Running the fuel tanks to a lower level than can maintain flow though the fuel/oil heat exchanger?

Dan Downs KCRP