Sign in to follow this  
captflyby

Captains pop up PFD and MCD

I just purchased the 777-200LR/F

During checkout they said "something" about requiring you to go into the aircraft sim's options sections to activate the "captain's" pop up PFD and MFD.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.  I must be having a senior moment because I cannot find what they are talking about.

Thanks

RIchard Jeffries

10 minutes ago, captflyby said:

I must be having a senior moment because I cannot find what they are talking about.

CDU MENU Key:

PMDG SETUP > OPTIONS > SIMULATION > Page 3/7 > DISABLE CAPT PFD POP-UP

See the pinned thread in the General forum for an explanation on why.

Kyle Rodgers

18 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

CDU MENU Key:

PMDG SETUP > OPTIONS > SIMULATION > Page 3/7 > DISABLE CAPT PFD POP-UP

See the pinned thread in the General forum for an explanation on why.

Hi Kyle,

OK I found the Captain's CDU / menu / EFIS CTL = ON    DSP CTL = ON

Vehicle / Instrument Panel /

All the "zoomed" selections:

1. Appear at a fixed location on the main fwd view only. These fixed locations are not all the same locations, but they appear to be consistent each time the individual view is brought up.

2. Cannot move the boxes

3. Cannot resize the boxes

4. Captains left outboard DU will not come up at all. Only the FO's.

5. Most importantly for my cockpit - cannot undock the boxes to move them to separate monitors.

Am I missing something ?

Is there a config file that I can edit?

The other views, ex. EFIS & MCD come up fine, resize, position, and undock as normal.

Help is greatly appreciated,

Richard Jeffries

4 hours ago, captflyby said:

OK I found the Captain's CDU / menu / EFIS CTL = ON    DSP CTL = ON

Vehicle / Instrument Panel /

You need to follow the exact steps that I laid out. If you follow it, you cannot miss it. I also named the exact setting that you need to modify. It is neither EFIS CTL, nor is it DSP CTL (those are functions of the real aircraft).

In slightly more detail:

• Click the CDU MENU Key.
  • Click PMDG SETUP >
  • Click OPTIONS >
  • Click SIMULATION >
  • Click NEXT PAGE until you get to Page 3/7 >
  • The setting is called DISABLE CAPT PFD POP-UP

NOTE: See the thread linked below. There is a very specific reason that we disabled that pop-up.

Am I missing something ?

Is there a config file that I can edit?

Definitely missing something in that you're not following the procedure. There is a config file, but if you can't follow the above procedure, I'd prefer that you stay out of the config file, as there's potential to do some real damage if you go stabbing around in there without following the directions. Carefully.

The other views, ex. EFIS & MCD come up fine, resize, position, and undock as normal.

Correct. As noted in the update thread those displays are unaffected by issue.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you Kyle.  Worked.

Is there a way to undock the view to move it to my PFD monitor?

I thought I'd post my findings on the Panel Manager pop ups, as these will be the main components (2D pop ups) for my cockpit:

Main panel - just comes up blank black box

CDU left, CDU right, CDU center : can resize, can undock ok

EFIS & MCP left, EFIS & MCD right: can resize & undock ok, although they are not identical.  3 components each, but out of order on left one it appears. (not reversed).

Radios: can resize & undock ok.

zoomed: all come up, but cannot resize or undock    left outboard DU, left inboard DU, upper DU, Lower DU, Right inboard DU, Right outboard DU

ISFD: can resize & undock ok.

All standby instruments: blank black box - nothing comes up

Light sensor: remains checked.  Cannot uncheck.   ?

GMCS: comes up blank black box.

Additional 2 zoomed:  Left outboard DU 40000  comes up but cannot resize or undock.  Left outboard DU 40001 - blank.black box.

Hope this helps.  Sorry for all the trouble.

Richard Jeffries

Additional info:  This mornings boot up - Things have changed.  Ex. I can now resize and move the Captain's left outboard DU.  Could not do that at last boot up yesterday.  Nothing, to my knowledge has changed.  I will investigate more thoroughly and get back to you.

PMDG 777-200LR PMDG House:  Activate in CDU Menu. Then...Vehicle/Instrument Panel... Main panel - just comes up blank black box. Maybe it is supposed to?  

EFIS & MCP left, EFIS & MCP right: can resize & undock OK, although they are not identical.  3 components each, but out of order on left one it appears. (not Reversed).

All standby instruments: blank black box - nothing comes up, but you CAN move, and resize the black boxes.

Light sensor: remains checked.  Cannot uncheck.  

GMCS: comes up blank black box. Can move, resize & undock.  Just blank.

Help with this would be greatly appreciated.  Don't mind editing a file, if I knew which one to edit...

Richard Jeffries

22 hours ago, captflyby said:

PMDG 777-200LR PMDG House:  Activate in CDU Menu. Then...Vehicle/Instrument Panel... Main panel - just comes up blank black box. Maybe it is supposed to?  

EFIS & MCP left, EFIS & MCP right: can resize & undock OK, although they are not identical.  3 components each, but out of order on left one it appears. (not Reversed).

All standby instruments: blank black box - nothing comes up, but you CAN move, and resize the black boxes.

Light sensor: remains checked.  Cannot uncheck.  

GMCS: comes up blank black box. Can move, resize & undock.  Just blank.

Help with this would be greatly appreciated.  Don't mind editing a file, if I knew which one to edit...

Richard Jeffries

I am going to assume for the moment, that it is my lack of knowledge and not the PMDG setup that is array  here.

Reading the introduction manual (170 pages), has revealed that either the 3 standby gauges or the single combined standby gauge is at work, and like the captain's displays, you have to root around in the CDU menu to find where it is and how to turn it on / off to your liking, much I am sure, like the real aircraft.

Consider this matter solved for the present.

Richard Jeffries