Sign in to follow this  

Prepar3D v3 - v4 Compatibility Help.

Hi There,

I understand that my post's title is pretty vague and the only reason for this is due to lack of a better name for the title. :)

My question (That I'm sure has been clarified multiple times by fellow forum members and RSR/Kyle Rodgers) is as follows:

I want to repurchase the 777 (Base and extended Package) for Prepar3D.  But, I want to install it into version 3 right now, however, I plan on making the switch to Version 4 once ORBX make aussie airports compatible and MJC and FSL make their products compatible. I can do this without having to get different versions, right? I am sure I can do this without any issue (Or having to pay a third time :dry:) but I want to be 1000% sure before investing a lot of Aussie dollars into another aircraft for the second time.  Again I'm sure I can do this, but could I please get some quick confirmation? :happy:

Thanks.

Thanks. And now to prepare my wallet for the beating it’s about to take. :blink:

And to prepare for a lot of 777 flights. :biggrin:

32 minutes ago, Copper. said:

Heathrow to Perth. I dare you :)

Been there done that naturally (being my old home town and my current home town!). It was a very very long flight. I pity the pilots who have to do that RW. I just wish ORBX or another good scenery developer would do Perth, it's a fantastic airport.

2 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Been there done that naturally (being my old home town and my current home town!). It was a very very long flight. I pity the pilots who have to do that RW. I just wish ORBX or another good scenery developer would do Perth, it's a fantastic airport.

That can be done with ETOPS 180?

Dan Downs KCRP

17 minutes ago, downscc said:

Good question...

Brian Nellis

3 hours ago, VHOEI said:

Thanks. And now to prepare my wallet for the beating it’s about to take. :blink:

And to prepare for a lot of 777 flights. :biggrin:

Hahah not so much a beating :) Imagine mine after I actually purchased the P3D version of the 737NG and expension, 777-200LR and extension and 747-400 all at once once they started getting available. Was meant also to avoid a bit of the transaction fee as I'm not in the US :)

27 minutes ago, downscc said:

think it needed ETOPS 207 for across the Indian ocean (can't remember it was a while ago).

I would say ETOPS 180 would be fine. If you use  OMDB, VCBI, WIHH and Perth as alternates. Depends on the airline if they have agreements/preparations in real life with those airports. But in the sim, 180 is possible!

19 hours ago, Copper. said:

Heathrow to Perth. I dare you :)

Meh...

That's nothing that impressive...  Nobody lives there anyway in Perth. :wink: (I mean that as a joke, being an east-coast guy myself)

I'll fly myself from London to Sydney... :laugh:

(In case you didn't understand that, look up my name.)

16 hours ago, wedgantilles said:

Hahah not so much a beating :) Imagine mine after I actually purchased the P3D version of the 737NG and expension, 777-200LR and extension and 747-400 all at once once they started getting available. Was meant also to avoid a bit of the transaction fee as I'm not in the US :)

Ohhhhh...    That would really hurt!  I do not know how you could buy multiple PMDG aircraft in one go! :)

2 hours ago, VHOEI said:

Ohhhhh...    That would really hurt!  I do not know how you could buy multiple PMDG aircraft in one go! :)

I'm lucky enough to have a good job that allow me to spare a good amount of money each month, so with a good reserve it's no big deal, and then I just spare as usual and the "hole" will be filled quite quickly.