Sign in to follow this  
ricka47

Recognize Microsoft Mark Mobile Voice

The voice configuration just gives me the choice of Microsoft David Desktop and Microsoft David Desktop.  But, I also show Microsoft Mark Mobile as on my system but not available in the app.  Is it because of the "mobile" that it doesn't see it?

I see that there are other voices available for download on the VoxATC site but will these work with the P3Dv4 64-bit version?  

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

All SAPI voices will work with VOXATC. Where the issue arises is whether the 32 bit or 64 bit versions are what's called by sapi5.dll.  VOXATC consists of two panel gauge files which are 64 bit and VoxClient.exe (and also VoxServer.exe) which is 32 bit and communicate with the sim via SimConnect. The sapi5.dll that's in the VOXATC main folder is the 32 bit version, so on the surface that's what is used (I'm still checking on that.) To install the 32 bit version of Mark Mobile, you would have to edit the Windows registry which was covered in this thread:

I don't suggest that you do so for now, as VOXATC 7.4 is the initial release version and tinkering with extra voices may introduce additional issues. One also can add voices by adding addition Windows language packs, like Canada, Australia and Great Britain. For now, the safest and easiest way of adding voices is to buy payware voices like CereProc and IVONA. These comments apply also to Pilot2ATC

Gotcha - while I can (and have) messed with the registry.  Those edits a appear rather involved.  I'll check out the payware alternatives - thanks!

Rick Abshier

10 hours ago, ricka47 said:

I see that there are other voices available for download on the VoxATC site but will these work with the P3Dv4 64-bit version? 

My guess is that the only version of Mark Mobile that is installed is 64 bit. I don't use the VoxPop voices but supposedly they do work with the 64 bit edition of VOXATC.

I may just go ahead and buy a few voices to help the "immersion" factor.  It never sounds right to have ATC say something and then the response comes back in the same voice!

Rick Abshier

PS  I tried the VoxPop voices with the 64-bit version and even though I downloaded and installed them all, they all sounded the same.  So, something appears to not be working with those.

Rick Abshier

On 06/08/2017 at 5:56 AM, ricka47 said:

PS  I tried the VoxPop voices with the 64-bit version and even though I downloaded and installed them all, they all sounded the same.  So, something appears to not be working with those.

I downloaded and installed the VoxPop voices with no issue into the 64-bit version. Make sure you use the VoiceConfig.exe or whatever it's called to activate all the new voices.

Hi Jabloom

Did you get any further with this?

I have win 10 and MS Speech has lots of free voices that don't appear in voice config for vox atc.

Is there a way to enable that doesn't involved a hex level workaround?

I a happy to regedit but it looks a lot of work and an increasing chance of failure with the 13 free english M$ voices.

It is a shame these can't be activated in VoxATC!

Rob