Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

Logitech panels and USB ports...

It appears as I move into P3Dv4 my Logitech flightsim panels (formally Saitek), of radio, multi and switch panels have issues.  Questions:

1.  Do USB ports retain memory?  It seems I can only get my switch panel to work if I plug it into a certain USB ports. Is there a way to assign it to another port?

2.  I can get the panels to work but the red LEDs numbers do not light up.  I've read that could be a Windows issue of powering down USB ports.  I went to each USB port under devices to turn off the power management for all but they still do not light up while other parts of the panel do.  Any other simmer come across this with a fix? 

I am for now using the new 64bit Logitech drivers and FSUIPC.  I do have SPADneXt but found that to be a bit over my head on how to set that up.

thx,

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I don't think I'll be much help, but here's some things to think about. I don't know about your computer but mine has 3 different types of usb ports. Anything should work, to varying degrees in any of them. No memory in them. My old Logitech 3d extreme worked one day but not the next. New drivers did the trick. It doesn't make sense to me that Windows would power down a port being used. One way to test that would be one of those old powered usb hubs.

Good luck. 

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Just play with SPADneX its really easy and not that hard. There are already made profiles for most planes so all your panels get configured correctly  for each plane. With your panels your going to need a good powered hub like this. http://plugable.com/products/usb2-hub10c2/

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:26 PM, Clutch Cargo said:

2.  I can get the panels to work but the red LEDs numbers do not light up.  I've read that could be a Windows issue of powering down USB ports.  I went to each USB port under devices to turn off the power management for all but they still do not light up while other parts of the panel do.  Any other simmer come across this

Re item 2,  I followed this video and it worked for me

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11