Sign in to follow this  
JYW

XP11: Files that store key assignments and joystick axes

Hi all,

Would I be correct in thinking that the files highlighted below, are those that store the key, button and axes assignments in XP11?

keys11.jpg

My issue is that I fly between the IXEG 737 and some other planes, all of which have different key assignments (some custom, some default XP), so my idea was to save copies of these files for each aircraft I use, then I can simply drop in the correct files into XP11 before launching it, for each airplane.

Does this sound doable?

(I'm away from home for a few days so can't test this myself, hence asking :gaul:

Thanks in advance!

Bill

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Thanks @Paraffin

I'm back home now, and it works !!     I did try X-Assign in the past (XP10) but had a few problems with it.   This way is super easy - I just keep folders for each aircraft on my desktop with the key/axes files in each, and I then have a shortcut to my XP11 Preferences folder, so I just drop the required files in, for the desired aircraft.

Works a treat!

Thanks

Bill

JYW, glad to hear that it working for you.  Looks like a solution using a batch file.

I'm curious, though, if a lua script can be written to change the key assignments in the  X-Plane Keys file when a particular aircraft is loaded.  I use a lua called initial assignments to automatically load joystick buttons for an aircraft when it's loaded, but I'm not aware of a script for keyboard assignments.  Is it because key assignments are more difficult to change?  

On 8/5/2017 at 6:09 PM, GCNorth said:

JYW, glad to hear that it working for you.  Looks like a solution using a batch file.

I'm curious, though, if a lua script can be written to change the key assignments in the  X-Plane Keys file when a particular aircraft is loaded.  I use a lua called initial assignments to automatically load joystick buttons for an aircraft when it's loaded, but I'm not aware of a script for keyboard assignments.  Is it because key assignments are more difficult to change?  

Thanks @GCNorth.    I'm not sure - from looking at the config files, keys shouldn't be any more difficult to manage that joystick data.   It would be great to have such a LUA for keys! :gaul:

Bill