Sign in to follow this  
MadBilo

PMDG 737 Trim sensitivity

Is there any way to increase the sensitivity of the trim in the PMDG 737? Mine seems to be slow comparing it to real life cockpit videos, its set on the joystick and the buttons have the repeat on max too.

Necmi Osman

15 minutes ago, MadBilo said:

Is there any way to increase the sensitivity of the trim in the PMDG 737? Mine seems to be slow comparing it to real life cockpit videos, its set on the joystick and the buttons have the repeat on max too.

Have a read into the Intro Manual regarding the trim speed. We had actual 737 pilots test the plane - not YouTube research.

Particular to your question, no, it cannot be modified as there is no reason to do so.

Kyle Rodgers

19 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Have a read into the Intro Manual regarding the trim speed. We had actual 737 pilots test the plane - not YouTube research.

Particular to your question, no, it cannot be modified as there is no reason to do so.

Interesting, thank you for the information. I was just wondering because the trim wheel seems to move fast in reality then I when I do it its slow. 

Necmi Osman

1 hour ago, MadBilo said:

trim wheel seems to move fast in reality then I when I do it its slow. 

Check your Windows Keyboard repeat rate, I doubt that this is a problem but just verify it's not set to the very slow rate. Other than that there is a difference between using trim with and without hydraulics.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Check your Windows Keyboard repeat rate, I doubt that this is a problem but just verify it's not set to the very slow rate. Other than that there is a difference between using trim with and without hydraulics.

Just checked, everything seems normal I guess I will leave it as Kyle stated it out thankfully. Thank you and my apologies for wasting your time Dan. 

Necmi Osman

11 hours ago, downscc said:

Not quite! Hydraulics have no input on the electric stabiliser trim, it's completely electric and if we lose all Hydraulics we still have full Stab Trim input to help pitch the aircraft! 

13 hours ago, MadBilo said:

Necmi Osman

The Electric Trim has two speeds, high speed with flaps extended and low speed with flaps retracted.

You most likely saw the crew input the trim with the flaps extended hence the higher speed and this is, as Kyle mentioned, accurately modelled with PMDG, try it out! 

Sam B

1 hour ago, flightdeck2sim said:

Not quite! Hydraulics have no input on the electric stabiliser trim, it's completely electric and if we lose all Hydraulics we still have full Stab Trim input to help pitch the aircraft! 

The Electric Trim has two speeds, high speed with flaps extended and low speed with flaps retracted.

You most likely saw the crew input the trim with the flaps extended hence the higher speed and this is, as Kyle mentioned, accurately modelled with PMDG, try it out! 

Sam B

Thank you, What about the sound, I guess thats a simulation limitation? Every time I use trim it makes the trim sound sometimes and not every single time I trim the aircraft. 

7 hours ago, flightdeck2sim said:

Hydraulics have no input on the electric stabiliser trim,

Thanks, I knew better.  This comes from flying four different aircraft frequently.

Dan Downs KCRP