Sign in to follow this  
NuclearHedgehog

ATIS not working at some airports

Hi everyone. I've recently discovered that at some airport, such as EHAM and EGLL, the ATIS is not working. Although usually two frequencies are listed, I can't pick up the ATIS tuning either of them. Nor is there a 'tune ATIS' option on the ATC window. 

I have recently updated FSX:SE navaids using aero.sors.fr, and i'm wondering if this might have caused the problem, but nothing seemed amiss until a couple of days ago. Certainly all of the smaller airports I usually fly in and out of seem unaffected.

Any help to fix this would be most appreciated!

No idea really. Are you using add-on scenery for those airports which might have their own radio frequency data?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On 8/4/2017 at 3:52 PM, NuclearHedgehog said:

Hi everyone. I've recently discovered that at some airport, such as EHAM and EGLL, the ATIS is not working. Although usually two frequencies are listed, I can't pick up the ATIS tuning either of them. Nor is there a 'tune ATIS' option on the ATC window. 

I have recently updated FSX:SE navaids using aero.sors.fr, and i'm wondering if this might have caused the problem, but nothing seemed amiss until a couple of days ago. Certainly all of the smaller airports I usually fly in and out of seem unaffected.

Any help to fix this would be most appreciated!

No fix required.  ATIS works great for me (with the FSX boxed version; do not have FSX-SE) and I have the ATIS option too.  Did you activate weather for your flight?  I can show images of it working if you want.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I am using mostly stock scenery. Certainly for EGLL. I did try an addon version of EHAM to see if it solved the problem, but it made no difference. I do not recieve the atis if I tune the correct frequency manually, and there is no 'tune atis' option in the default atc window on the ground. It's just vanished for some airports, and I cannot figure out why!

Is real world weather enabled?

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes, I normally fly with real world weather. Which seems to be functioning just fine from the varied conditions I've experienced. Also why I want be able to get the ATIS, particularly on descent to my destination so I can correctly prepare for landing.

Here's what my screen looks like at EHAM and EGLL

EGLL_ATIS.png
eHAM_ATIS.png

Submit News to AVSIM

10 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Here's what my screen looks like at EHAM and EGLL

EGLL_ATIS.png
eHAM_ATIS.png

I know very well what I'm supposed to see! The option to select the ATIS is NOT THERE for me at these airports. And neither does it function if I manually tune the radio to the listed ATIS frequency! 

Having a look at the other topics suggested by jabloomf1230, I'll try starting up the sim and then loading my flightplan once loaded on the ramp, see if that makes any difference.

2 hours ago, NuclearHedgehog said:

I know very well what I'm supposed to see! The option to select the ATIS is NOT THERE for me at these airports. And neither does it function if I manually tune the radio to the listed ATIS frequency! 

Having a look at the other topics suggested by jabloomf1230, I'll try starting up the sim and then loading my flightplan once loaded on the ramp, see if that makes any difference.

Okay.  Just trying to help.  Sorry I missed.

Submit News to AVSIM