Sign in to follow this  
n99wb

No Run way rain reflections

I think you guys will find that the wet runway look is now tied into the reflection settings. ?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

39 minutes ago, gboz said:

I think you guys will find that the wet runway look is now tied into the reflection settings. ?

gb.

Well These guys are correct  I don't see any wet reflections on default airports and I just moved all my bars to the right and nothing changed.

EHAM by FlyTampa (no wet effects):

0Y5g850.jpg

LOWW by FlyTampa (WET Effects):

KzkV5j8.jpg

Now, LOWW is showing a wet runway effects, so it must have been developed that way.

Regards,

Simbol

Ok thanks. At least i am not crazy :D That wet effect in LOWW is very good.

I found out that for default airports the file related should be "runway_bump.bmp" (or dds, same).

Tomorrow i will try to draw a better image to show the reflection. It will never be like FlyTampa's LOWW, but it will be better for sure.

2 minutes ago, JamesIL said:

38550352221_1bb7f2890b_z.jpg

This is default EHAM with thunderstorm on my rig. i see puddling.

Not sure, the picture looks to me like the default "Tarmac" light reflection instead of wet runway, you have definitely wet wash, we also get that is more about the wetness of the runway. 

Can you confirm your PD3 version and can you also you post a picture of your display settings? maybe we are missing something!

Simbol

50 minutes ago, Alberto Zanot said:

gboz, could you be more specific? what do i have to set? 

couse i tried everything in the graph settings...

Sorry, I'm totally wrong on that. Just checked and seems to have no relationship to reflections.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

They took away our rain reflections so we could have raindrops on our windshield.:biggrin:

After many testing i found out what is happening.
I was comparing V4 and V3 on the same computer and i discovered something:
First of all in V4 the "Dynamic reflections" feature breaks everything about the wet bump mapping. And by the way it is a joke, bad looking, fps eater, so believe me it is better to turn it off and stay with GlobalEnvTest.dds (make sure you have the original one).
Secondly, the option for the clouds to cast shadow makes every lighting and shining more dark, making the wet bump mapping barely visible.

So, if you try to:

Turn off Dynamic Reflections
Turn off Cloud cast shadows

You will notice a big improvement in wet runways.
It is a pity because for my taste turning off cloud shadows is an absolute NO GO. I can't play without it.

I am trying to modify "GlobalEnvTest.dds" and "runway_bump.bmp" in V4, but for now i am not getting nothing good.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Alberto Zanot said:

I was comparing V4 and V3 on the same computer

A lot of people thought the original wet look was way over the top and I guess they are not missing it in V4. Great if you could come up with something a bit more realistic though.

What are Rex and Envtex doing with wet runways these days?

gb.

thanks guys for the heads up. I was rackin my brain trying to get the glassy wet reflections back😎

• Like 1

Capt. Robert Rixx