Sign in to follow this  
patrice_bambou

SLX menu in p3d: clarifications needed

Hi Maarten,

Could you please explain this menu and add a chapter on it in the user guide.

By the way, there is an item related to RAAS in this menu. What is the behaviour if I already have RAAS? I made a flight a few hours ago and heared some messages that are not from the RAAS I have. So I disabled the RAAS item inside this menu, but one question: Who created these messages (related to airway position and flaps mainly), it is 'ot the same voice.

Thanks for clarifications.

Patrice

Patrice Dubois

Hi Patrice,

I will eventually include a description of the in-sim menu in the user guide, once I find some time to do that. For now, you can have a look in the change log for more information. SLX includes a RAAS feature equivalent to the RAAS program you already have, but for free. It follows the specification of the Honeywell RAAS system and you will hear the same sounds depending on where you are relative to a runway and the phase of flight. You can configure the feature in the General settings and on the Home ribbon tab. You can enable the feature with a button on the Home ribbon tab or through the in-sim menu.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hi Maarten,

Thanks for explanations.

Is it possible to have other voices for RAAS speaker (only one available as choice)? The present one is not very clear compared to the one I hear in my RAAS tool.

With Best Regards.

Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

Hi Patrice,

You can select the voice, volume and output device in the General settings. The voices you can choose from are the English language Windows voices installed on your system. If you are on Windows 10, Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise, you can download any language you like; if you have another Windows version, you will have to download and install something called "Vistalizator" first.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg