Sign in to follow this  
MIQUEL_7

P3D v4 CTD please help!

Hello, I was doing a night flight from London Stansted to Athens, Greece, in a PMDG 737-800 and suddenly my sim crashed to desktop... 

Here is the module: 

Foutbucket 120771469462, type 4
Naam van gebeurtenis: APPCRASH
Antwoord: Niet beschikbaar
Id van CAB-bestand: 0

Handtekening van probleem:
P1: Prepar3D.exe
P2: 4.0.23.21468
P3: 59279be2
P4: VCRUNTIME140.dll
P5: 14.0.24215.1
P6: 57bfd5ab
P7: c0000005
P8: 000000000000c387
P9: 
P10: 

Toegevoegde bestanden:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6D8.tmp.mdmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER19D5.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER19E3.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER19F4.tmp.txt

Deze bestanden zijn mogelijk hier beschikbaar:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Prepar3D.exe_30976d7d2ba44bdb9996b29e5fe1be5611d7c11_900409ed_04cb3b75

Analysesymbool: 
Opnieuw zoeken naar oplossing: 0
Rapport-id: 0272fb25-76b7-40da-bf8d-38a790dc246e
Rapportstatus: 268435456

Can anyone help me out here please? 

Thanks in advance.

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

OS: Windows 10 Professional 64bit. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z, CPU: i9-9900K, MO: MEG Z390 Godlike ///// Prepar3D v5.3 HTFX: 2. /////

The error was caused by Microsoft Visual Studio 2015.  The VCRunTime140.dll is part of the package and it could be corrupt.  You might want to run a System Files Check - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system to look for corrupt or missing files.  It is installed by the program that requires it so It could have been an add-on to P3D.  P3D just happened to be running when the error occurred.  Microsoft Visuals are used by developers to make sure their application (P3D or an add-on) is installed properly.  If not, it will throw this error to let you know something is not compatible or installed properly.

Suspect your last installation of an add-on to P3D or, if P3D is the only app installed, then recommend you uninstall and reinstall with Admin Privileges. 

Another solution would be to make sure P3D starts with Admin Privileges every time you start up P3D.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

9 hours ago, Jim Young said:

The error was caused by Microsoft Visual Studio 2015.  The VCRunTime140.dll is part of the package and it could be corrupt.  You might want to run a System Files Check - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system to look for corrupt or missing files.  It is installed by the program that requires it so It could have been an add-on to P3D.  P3D just happened to be running when the error occurred.  Microsoft Visuals are used by developers to make sure their application (P3D or an add-on) is installed properly.  If not, it will throw this error to let you know something is not compatible or installed properly.

Suspect your last installation of an add-on to P3D or, if P3D is the only app installed, then recommend you uninstall and reinstall with Admin Privileges. 

Another solution would be to make sure P3D starts with Admin Privileges every time you start up P3D.

Okay, I just did a repair P3D v4 Content... will this also work? 

I'll let you know if I have any more CTD with this repair.

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

OS: Windows 10 Professional 64bit. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z, CPU: i9-9900K, MO: MEG Z390 Godlike ///// Prepar3D v5.3 HTFX: 2. /////

It should have been P3D Client.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

Best regards,

Jim

Hey Jim, I'm test flying now the route from yesterday Stansted to Athens, no errors so far... I hope I can make my landing and finish the flight, I'll let you know if I have more CTD. 

Thanks so far! 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

On 5-8-2017 at 1:45 PM, Jim Young said:

Best regards,

Jim

Hey Jim, 

I was doing a flight today from Manchester to Malaga with PMDG 737-800 and got this CTD. 

Yesterday, Saturday the 5th of August, I did a succesful flight from Manchester to Girona, Costa Brava in 73 from PMDG, no CTD... but today I have one, the same as the day I posted it here. 

I uploaded the files to Imgur, here they are!

I have reinstalled P3D Client, also my GSX is at Manchester airport not recognising the parking positions... weird because I did not have this problem before... can you help me with this as well please? 

Please, I'm looking forward for a quick reply. 

Kind regards, Miguel

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 is again shown as the faulting module while you were running the application called P3DV4.  As I stated above, MS Visuals are used by the developers to make sure their applications are installed properly.  Try downloading and reinstalling it - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=48145.  Make sure you use Admin Rights by right clicking and installing as Administrator.

AVSIM CTD Guide, page 25, provides a listing of all Microsoft Visuals you should have installed.  Make sure you have the same.

Page 30, AVSIM CTD Guide, provides possible solutions for crashes during a flight.  Check those possible solutions.

Make sure the airports at Manchester and Malaga or any add-on scenery nearby is compatible with P3DV4.  If you have any add-on scenery installed that covers the flight you were taking, make sure it is V4 compatible.  Much of the add-on scenery is not compatible yet.  If you do not know whether it is compatible or not, then disable it and try the flight again.

EDIT:  Forgot to add, the Event Viewer shows issues with your throttle?  That could be the problem too.  Update drivers.

Best regards,

Jim

Edited by Jim Young

Submit News to AVSIM

33 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 is again shown as the faulting module while you were running the application called P3DV4.  As I stated above, MS Visuals are used by the developers to make sure their applications are installed properly.  Try downloading and reinstalling it - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=48145.  Make sure you use Admin Rights by right clicking and installing as Administrator.

AVSIM CTD Guide, page 25, provides a listing of all Microsoft Visuals you should have installed.  Make sure you have the same.

Page 30, AVSIM CTD Guide, provides possible solutions for crashes during a flight.  Check those possible solutions.

Make sure the airports at Manchester and Malaga or any add-on scenery nearby is compatible with P3DV4.  If you have any add-on scenery installed that covers the flight you were taking, make sure it is V4 compatible.  Much of the add-on scenery is not compatible yet.  If you do not know whether it is compatible or not, then disable it and try the flight again.

EDIT:  Forgot to add, the Event Viewer shows issues with your throttle?  That could be the problem too.  Update drivers.

Best regards,

Jim

Hello, thanks for all your efford in my problem... 

I did update all my drivers now with a program "DriverFinder" 

Can you give me a link to the CTD Guide for P3D v4? 

I also uploaded an image shows what Microsoft Visuals are installed in my machine. 

All my sceneries are compatible with v4, I paid for the UK2000 Manchester Xtreme one and the Aerosoft Malaga Evolution which is updated for v4. I don't know what's going on with my GSX at EGCC... 

Thanks for all the efford you do to help me. 

Here is the link to the image:

Thanks in advance I'm looking forward for a quick reply. 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

28 minutes ago, MIQUEL_7 said:

Can you give me a link to the CTD Guide for P3D v4? 

See link in my signature or on the right column of this forum under Hot Spots.

Submit News to AVSIM

30 minutes ago, MIQUEL_7 said:

I don't know what's going on with my GSX at EGCC... 

Download and run the Standalone Addon Manager from the FSDT site.  There should also be an icon on your desktop for FSDT Live Update.  Run that and it will fix any issues with any of their products.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

1 minute ago, Jim Young said:

Download and run the Standalone Addon Manager from the FSDT site.  There should also be an icon on your desktop for FSDT Live Update.  Run that and it will fix any issues with any of their products.

Best regards,

Jim

Okay, I just checked the CTD Guide and my "VCRUNTIME140.dll" crash isn't listed in there ... and it seems that I have all the Microsoft Visuals have installed that I should have on my PC according to the CTD Guide... 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

Did you check on page 30 of the Guide to see if one of the possible solutions works for freeze/crash during a flight?

You do know there is no known solution for your crashes?  If there were, it would be in the Guide.  There is no known solution for almost all crashes in P3DV4.  Each one has to be investigated and this is why I came up with page 10 of the AVSIM CTD Guide where you will see a guide for fixing most crashes/freezes in P3D.

If you have MyTrafficX installed, it could be the cause (as stated on page 30).  I haven't added the fact that there are several FS9 aircraft in MyTrafficX that are not compatible with P3DV4 and, if one of those aircraft are called up by P3D, the sim will crash.  Of course I have no idea if you have MyTrafficX installed or another AI program.  There are incompatible AI in other AI programs too.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM