Sign in to follow this  
Larsiparsi

I7 4770k gtx 760

Hi, I am guite new on this forum so I will start with a question I haven't really got a good answer on. I want to stick with fsx se and i wondered if theese spec is good to run addon like pmdg 737 777 and so on and some sceneries like mega airport oslo x with great performance (30 fps and over). Thank you for answers :)

Absolutely.  I ran almost the same system with FSX and P3D with no problems. That processor is an excellent one that stacks up very well against the 7th gen processors.  You'll be able to move to P3DV4 with excellent performance by upgrading your graphics card to a 1070 or 1080 (the latter is my suggestion), but I do recommend bringing the processor speed to at least 4.3GHz.  I run my water cooled i7-4770K at 4.5 without any issues whatsoever.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

16 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Absolutely.  I ran almost the same system with FSX and P3D with no problems. That processor is an excellent one that stacks up very well against the 7th gen processors.  You'll be able to move to P3DV4 with excellent performance by upgrading your graphics card to a 1070 or 1080 (the latter is my suggestion), but I do recommend bringing the processor speed to at least 4.3GHz.  I run my water cooled i7-4770K at 4.5 without any issues whatsoever.

Best wishes.

How about i7 4790 (not the k) gtx 960 2gb

I don't know anything about the i7-4790, as I have the i7-6700, but I am running the GTX960M and I can run FSX fine with the PMDG Boeing 747-400 and a few sceneries. Have a look for yourself.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Is that locked to 4.0GHz?  If so, then it will run P3DV4 fairly well with moderate settings so long as you have a GTX1070/1080.  The thing with V4 is that a lot of the graphics were off loaded to the GPU instead of being on the CPU as they were with FSX, so the GPU becomes more important and the CPU, though still important, is not doing the majority of the work.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.