Sign in to follow this  
Bachian

Flap issue (cannot set flap 20)

I'm having an issue with the flaps. If I set it to 20 for example, it goes full.

So whatever position I set the yellow lever, the flap goes to the full position.

It also happens when de AFE set the takeoff flaps, he put the lever on 20, but the flap go down to full. 

I made a video to show this:

Felipe Bachian
I7 4790K@4.6 / ASUS ATX Maximus VII Ranger / 32GB (4x8) 1866Mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance / EVGA GTX 1070 6Gb / 2x 480Gb SSD
Honneycomb Alpha Yoke + CH Throttle Quadrant + Saitek Multi Panel + CH Pro Pedals + Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

You have an axis CALIBRATION assigned in FSUIPC... double check all your assignments.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

25 minutes ago, lasnubes said:

You have an axis CALIBRATION assigned in FSUIPC... double check all your assignments.

C

No, I don't have any axis assigned to the flaps.

Did you watch the video? I used the mouse to change the Flaps, not the joystick.

Felipe Bachian
I7 4790K@4.6 / ASUS ATX Maximus VII Ranger / 32GB (4x8) 1866Mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance / EVGA GTX 1070 6Gb / 2x 480Gb SSD
Honneycomb Alpha Yoke + CH Throttle Quadrant + Saitek Multi Panel + CH Pro Pedals + Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

5 hours ago, bachian said:

I'm having an issue with the flaps. If I set it to 20 for example, it goes full.

I'm with Carl - there's something else at play here with your setup. Something is interfering.

Kyle Rodgers

@scandinavian13

Please consider the following:

1. The flap lever does not match the flap indication.

2. When I ONLY use the mouse, the lever moves correctly, but the flaps go to a different position (full up or full down).

3. If it was related to the joystick, wouldn't the flap lever also moves full up or down?

4. Even when I don't touch anything and let ONLY THE AFE set the flap to 20, the lever moves to 20, but the flaps goes full down.

5. All other aircraft, including PMDG 777, 737 and Majestic Q400 are working well (never saw this issue).

Because of this issue, it's impossible for me to fly it. :(

Felipe Bachian

6 minutes ago, bachian said:

@scandinavian13

Please consider the following:

1. The flap lever does not match the flap indication.

2. When I ONLY use the mouse, the lever moves correctly, but the flaps go to a different position (full up or full down).

3. If it was related to the joystick, wouldn't the flap lever also moves full up or down?

4. Even when I don't touch anything and let ONLY THE AFE set the flap to 20, the lever moves to 20, but the flaps goes full down.

5. All other aircraft, including PMDG 777, 737 and Majestic Q400 are working well (never saw this issue).

Because of this issue, it's impossible for me to fly it. :(

Nameless (please sign your name as required by the forum rules),

I'm trying to help you troubleshoot. Not only have you dismissed Carl's input, you have now dismissed mine. Are you here to get a solution to an issue, or are you here to shoot down suggestions?

Kyle Rodgers

4 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Nameless (please sign your name as required by the forum rules),

I'm trying to help you troubleshoot. Not only have you dismissed Carl's input, you have now dismissed mine. Are you here to get a solution to an issue, or are you here to shoot down suggestions?

I didn't realize I was just using my last name, and have used the forum before without any issues. A lot of users only use a nickname, but if you think this is not enought, just let me know.

What I dismissed? Carl asked me if I have any axis assigned to FSUIPC and I told him that no, I was just using the mouse (as you can see on the video). If he want me to try set the axis, I already did, with same results (lever moves fine, but flap only goes full).

I'm looking for any solution. If you want me to do any test, just let me know.

Thanks.

Felipe Bachian

10 minutes ago, Felipe Bachian said:

I didn't realize I was just using my last name, and have used the forum before without any issues. A lot of users only use a nickname, but if you think this is not enought, just let me know.

They may, but here in this part of the forum, they need to use full names in the signature block, or at the end of their posts.

11 minutes ago, Felipe Bachian said:

What I dismissed? Carl asked me if I have any axis assigned to FSUIPC and I told him that no, I was just using the mouse (as you can see on the video). If he want me to try set the axis, I already did, with same results (lever moves fine, but flap only goes full).

Yes. You've spent quite a lot of effort telling both Carl and myself what you believe is the issue, and not really getting into what we've mentioned.

Carl mentioned FSUIPC interference. I seconded that something must be interfering and you went into great detail explaining why you thought I was wrong, without really giving me extra detail (I watched the movie - your extra narration of it provides no more than I've already seen, which looks like interference). I can't see your computer, but I can see that the aircraft is behaving properly on my computer, and that the isolated report that you've made is, so far, confined only to your computer. Help us help you by giving us as much detail as you can give when you're responding to what we're mentioning.

So, both Carl and I have gone down the avenue of interference. What add-ons do you use alongside the DC-6? Do you have FSUIPC installed (even if you haven't set a flap axis)? What other add-ons are you using? Are you using any programs to configure your hardware?

17 minutes ago, Felipe Bachian said:

I'm looking for any solution.

I'm sure you are. Otherwise, you wouldn't likely be posting here. All the same, there are currently two people attempting to help you. Help us help you by being as detailed as possible when responding.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, I believe this was just a language misconecption. I really apreciate your time and that you are trying to help me, don't get me wrong.

The details I gave to you was just to clarify questions I believe you could have before trying to guess the cause of the issue.

So let´s be practical. I'll list some of addons I use so you can have a better understanding of my simulator:

- Prepar3d v.3.22 (latest v3)
- FSUIPC v4969 registered
- Chase Plane
- AS16 + ASCA

I use FSUIPC to have a different config for each of my aircraft. For example, in the DC-6, four of my axis are used for the throttles, in the 737, I only use two for the throttles and one for the flaps.

When I made my first flight in the DC-6, I discovered the issue. I didn't have any axis or button set for the flaps yet. So I tried to assign an axis and a button, but the issue was still there.

One thing that I don't understand is this issue only happens on the DC-6. All other aircrafts are fine.

Is there any other information do you think I can provide you, so you can have a better scenario of what's happening?

Felipe Bachian

1 hour ago, Felipe Bachian said:

I use FSUIPC to have a different config for each of my aircraft. For example, in the DC-6, four of my axis are used for the throttles, in the 737, I only use two for the throttles and one for the flaps.

Temporarily relocate the FSUIPC.ini somewhere other than the Modules folder, just to be sure that it isn't interfering in some way.

Kyle Rodgers

7 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Temporarily relocate the FSUIPC.ini somewhere other than the Modules folder, just to be sure that it isn't interfering in some way.

You got it! I lost all my settings but the issue was gone.

Now I need to figure out how to restore my settings without having the issue again, since I have so many aircraft settings there. Do you think it's a good idea to manually remove all the dc-6 entries in the FSUIPC4.ini and try to see If I still have the issue?

Felipe Bachian

Just now, Felipe Bachian said:

Do you think it's a good idea to manually remove all the dc-6 entries in the FSUIPC4.ini and try to see If I still have the issue?

Back the file up first, and then yeah, it's probably better to try that than to have to rebuild everything for the other planes.

Kyle Rodgers

23 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Back the file up first, and then yeah, it's probably better to try that than to have to rebuild everything for the other planes.

When I do that, the issue comes back. I'm suspecting of this line in the [JoystickCalibration] block:

Flaps=-16384,16384/16

Even though I'm not using flaps axis for the dc-6, I'll remove the line to see what will happen.

I believe even if this solve the issue, I will have a colateral effect on the aircrafts that I have axis assigned to the flaps (B737NGX and B777).

Just give me a few more minutes to test this.

Felipe Bachian

That's it!

I don't know why, but even if I don't have any axis assigned to the flaps in the dc-6, only having that line in the calibration block of the FSUIPC4.ini, will bring the flap issue back.

As I said, the collateral effect for this is that all other aircraft that I have the flap assigned to an axis will loose their calibration. In my case it's the B737NGX and the B777.

Felipe Bachian

Gotta say I have this problem too using the VirtualFly TQ-6. When I remove the FSUIPC file OR start the sim with my throttle unplugged it works fine. Just to be clear I haven't even set a profile for the DC-6 in FSUIPC its just conflicting automatically. I'm fine to us the DC-6 without FSUIPC but this does of course become slightly annoying when switching to other aircraft from PMDG where having FSUIPC is so helpful. Understood this seems to be more of a problem with FSUIPC conflicting rather than the product made by PMDG but just reporting back information for others.