Sign in to follow this  
Bachian

Flap issue (cannot set flap 20)

FSUIPC is a very powerful and configurable tool.  For those who use multiple pieces of HW, I'd dare say it's indispensable.  That said, it is easy to mis-configure.  As in most things, the problem lies between the yoke and chair.  If properly configured, it works brilliantly.  I use it with every PMDG product, in every platform I have flown on (bar XPL) and could not fully use my HW flightdeck without it.

Glad it's sorted.

C

PS- double check your axis ASSIGNMENTS, I'll bet there's a (perhaps extra) Flap axis mis-assigned.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

26 minutes ago, VS0 said:

Gotta say I have this problem too using the VirtualFly TQ-6. When I remove the FSUIPC file OR start the sim with my throttle unplugged it works fine. Just to be clear I haven't even set a profile for the DC-6 in FSUIPC its just conflicting automatically. I'm fine to us the DC-6 without FSUIPC but this does of course become slightly annoying when switching to other aircraft from PMDG where having FSUIPC is so helpful. Understood this seems to be more of a problem with FSUIPC conflicting rather than the product made by PMDG but just reporting back information for others. 

It seems I'm not alone with that, thanks for sharing your experience.

I'm to look for a solution without sacrifice the settings I have in the other aircrafts.

Felipe Bachian
I7 4790K@4.6 / ASUS ATX Maximus VII Ranger / 32GB (4x8) 1866Mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance / EVGA GTX 1070 6Gb / 2x 480Gb SSD
Honneycomb Alpha Yoke + CH Throttle Quadrant + Saitek Multi Panel + CH Pro Pedals + Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

3 hours ago, Felipe Bachian said:

It seems I'm not alone with that, thanks for sharing your experience.

I'm to look for a solution without sacrifice the settings I have in the other aircrafts.

Make sure when you calibrate your flaps axis for the NGX or whatever, that it is calibrating to that specific aircrafts profile only and not for every aircraft.

58 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Make sure when you calibrate your flaps axis for the NGX or whatever, that it is calibrating to that specific aircrafts profile only and not for every aircraft.

Thanks for the tip Chris, I'll try to do that.

Felipe Bachian
I7 4790K@4.6 / ASUS ATX Maximus VII Ranger / 32GB (4x8) 1866Mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance / EVGA GTX 1070 6Gb / 2x 480Gb SSD
Honneycomb Alpha Yoke + CH Throttle Quadrant + Saitek Multi Panel + CH Pro Pedals + Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

On 8/6/2017 at 8:29 PM, Felipe Bachian said:

Thanks for the tip Chris, I'll try to do that.

How did it go for you?

3 hours ago, VS0 said:

How did it go for you?

This was discussed further in support, and I never came back here to close the loop. It ended up being an FSUIPC issue. Moving the .ini out of the modules folder solved the issue, but I don't recall if he attempted to troubleshoot his existing .ini or if he rebuilt it.

Kyle Rodgers

I solved this by going in to the FSUIPC5.ini, going to the profile that I use for the DC6 (I call it "Four Engine Prop"), and removing the line "Flaps=-16384,16383/16" from the section called "[JoystickCalibration.Four Engine Prop]"

Mark Hager

On 8/8/2017 at 3:30 PM, scandinavian13 said:

This was discussed further in support, and I never came back here to close the loop. It ended up being an FSUIPC issue. Moving the .ini out of the modules folder solved the issue, but I don't recall if he attempted to troubleshoot his existing .ini or if he rebuilt it.

On 8/10/2017 at 11:17 PM, wreck1463 said:

I solved this by going in to the FSUIPC5.ini, going to the profile that I use for the DC6 (I call it "Four Engine Prop"), and removing the line "Flaps=-16384,16383/16" from the section called "[JoystickCalibration.Four Engine Prop]"

Thanks and thanks.

Funny thing for me is I never even created a profile for the DC-6. I'll take another look into it. 

18 hours ago, VS0 said:

Funny thing for me is I never even created a profile for the DC-6. I'll take another look into it. 

In my case, I was not using the axis for the flaps.

The same way Mark said he had a calibration line for the DC-6, I made for the 2 aircrafts I use flaps as axis (B737 and B777). Everything is working fine now.

Felipe Bachian