Sign in to follow this  
RXP

Teaser: Are you Prepar3d for Reality XP Garmin?

Hi,

I think it is time to unveil what is coming next, in a few days!

Like I've said previously, I know how important it is to our customers not only to have the best simulation products. I know it has been hard to wait this long, but I also know our customers want bug-free products. 

Should our proven track record for our GNS V2 and GTN for X-Plane 11 is any measure, we're proud to offer you the same level of quality for the entire Flight Simulator platform!

The products come with unique graphics technologies: HDPI 32bits RGBA bitmaps for a better visual experience than allowed by the FS-SDK*, highly optimized code for near zero impact to the FPS, and in-sim live settings: no aircraft or sim reload!

Both products also come super-charged with tons of customization options for panel integration, hardware interface and keyboard shortcuts. They also now offer custom variables to help XML gauge programmers interact with our GPS.

I also know we are at a simulation turning point, which I'll best illustrate with the following questions we all ask ourselves: do I keep my 32bits FSX investment, or do I take the plunge and go for P3D4 64bits now? Do I purchase my needed hardware update before changing simulators, or after? What about my add-ons?

We've decided to help you take the pro-simmer choice, in offering our Flight Simulator version of the upcoming GNS V2 and GTN Touch, compatible with the entire flight simulator family for a unique price:

FS9, FSX, FSX-SE, P3D1, P3D2, P3D3, and P3D4*, in 64/32 bits (what I usually call FS-SEX3D)

Whenever you decide to migrate from an older sim (say FSX-SE) to the latest P3D4, your Reality XP product gets your back: you don't have to purchase the product because you are changing simulator!

A single license has got you covered from FS9 to P3D4:

- Want to migrate to P3D4 later and keep flying P3D3 a little bit longer? No problem!

- Flying half on P3D3 for this great scenery, and half on P3D4  for VAS-free worry? No problem either!

Expect the GNS V2 and the GTN to hit the online shelves in a few days now!

And as a picture is worth a thousand words, here it is, in P3D V4 64bits:

gns2_p3d4_3.jpg

gns2_p3d4_4.jpg

Stay tuned for GTN screenshots coming up soon!

* FS-SDK limits: 15bits colours / FSX (Acc/Sp2) and FS9 (Sp1)

• Upvote 3

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Finally!  Yes!  I've been holding out for this a long time.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Looks great!

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Two Questions:

• Is the GTN and GNS two different products, or is it now an all in one?

• Is there any discounts for loyal customers who have your previous products, even the more recent ones?

Thank you,

Bob

8 minutes ago, FSXtreme said:

Is the GTN and GNS two different products

Yes they are, like our X-Plane releases! As for discounts, well, stay tuned for more... ;-)

• Upvote 2

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

1 hour ago, RXP said:

Whenever you decide to migrate from an older sim (say FSX-SE) to the latest P3D4, your Reality XP product gets your back: you don't have to purchase the product because you are changing simulator!

This is quite refreshing to hear, thank you very much.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

good to see rxp is back.

are the newer gauges backwards compatible for the purpose of vc integration?  ex: i have the realair tduke fsx v1 and carenado planes running in p3dv4, can i integrate the new rxp gns530 like i did in fsx?

and i assume waas vertical guidance is still provided?

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

7 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

are the newer gauges backwards compatible

I'd think most panels designed for our legacy GNS will work with the new. Maybe just the gauge size ratio is slightly different and might require small adjustment for true 1:1 visual replacement. In regard to systems integration, this is non-aircraft specific, so this wouldn't change between the old and the new (except GNS V2 has finer grained control of FS internal variables!)

About vertical guidance: sure, both our GNS V2 and GTN Touch offer vertical A/P coupling, and lateral coupling is now much better (for example it adjusts the bank angle, depending on your speed, to maintain a curved track - like in our X-Plane version). Now you got me genuinely wondering with your 2nd question: aren't all GPSes offering vertical guidance in FS?!?

This might be a stupid question, but what about the databases? Are these (GTN and GNS) based on the Garmin Trainer databases?

If so, does this mean the GNS will come with a 2015 (I think this was the last update) database? 

Thanks

Great news!

Will there be a discount for your customers?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi, yes both solutions are based on the Garmin trainer, each come with its own database.

The latest GTN trainer has been released 1st december 2016, with NOV16 DB. Garmin used to release a new update every 6 months but they miss the usual 1st december / 1st june cycle for now.

The GNS trainer is more recent with GPS software 3.3, which corrects a number of internal bugs, offers new features, and has a DB issued in 2010. It used to be compatible with the GTN DB updated every 6 months, except since the last GTN update. A user has manager to update the DB data though, and you can find a June 2017 DB here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/501135-rxp-gns-530w430w-v2-database-update/?page=2#comment-3637418

7 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Will there be a discount for your customers?

I think I've already answered this here! 

14 hours ago, RXP said:

Yes they are, like our X-Plane releases! As for discounts, well, stay tuned for more... ;-)

This sounds really great Jean-Luc.  I love all of your releases and am really missing them in P3Dv4.  I am anxiously looking forward to this release.