Sign in to follow this  
markjj

No Speed Trend Vector Glitch

Hello, this glitch has been present in the 777 for me for quite some time despite numerous reinstalls and updates.  Essentially, every once in a while, the green speed trend vector will be absent for the PFD speed tape despite acceleration.  What's strange is that it comes back to life upon touchdown and deceleration (but was nonetheless absent during takeoff roll and flight).  I also notice that when this glitch occurs, the V1 and Vr callouts come prematurely (by a few knots sooner than when the glitch doesn't happen).  Reloading the aircraft or the panel state also seems to do the trick.  Any thoughts? Thanks

Mark Javornik

Same here, but i didn´t notice the trend vector issue.I recorded a video some days ago to show the devleopers and you are right. I submitted  a ticket.

Best.

Miquel.

• Upvote 1

I have seen this as well.

I suspect it may be related to switching to the 777 from a non default aircraft like the trike. I switched from a 747 to a 777 and this issue appeared. But it could be caused by other factors as well.

Good to see it's not only an issue on my system, and hopefully this gets addressed (or we at least figure out what causes it)

Mark Javornik

7 hours ago, markjj said:

and hopefully this gets addressed (or we at least figure out what causes it)

I'm not seeing it, so, absent steps to reproduce, fixing an issue that isn't seen is pretty unlikely.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, in my case these issues come and go....I have taking off for a a dozen of times ...unfortunately , it has come back again....tired of this.

I will stop flying the 777 for some time. The 747 works perfectly, with exactly the same conditions.

Best

Miquel Egea.

10 minutes ago, miguelpp said:

Kyle, in my case these issues come and go....I have taking off for a a dozen of times ...unfortunately , it has come back again....tired of this.

I will stop flying the 777 for some time.

If they come and go, then it is unlikely that our code is causing it. There's some variable here.

If you stop flying it, then you stop collecting the data that we can go off of, and therefore lose a potential avenue to help solve it. While it's your prerogative to do so, if you stop contributing to help find the cause of something only you and one other person are seeing at the moment, then you can't really be too upset about not finding a solution.

Kyle Rodgers

I also only see this issue every once in a while and nothing in particular seems to trigger it. It shows up perhaps once every 6 flights (or more) and only occurs when the default panel state is loaded up after the sim is done loading a new session. In other words, if you always start off cold and dark, the issue never appears. But, since I don't always do a cold and dark startup and sometimes prefer the default panel state so I can simply program some circuits and touch and go's, it is noticeable. Again, it only occurs once in a while and there doesn't seem to be a particular trigger. And, since reloading the panel state or starting up from cold and dark almost always fixes the issue, is it possible that every so often the loading of the panel state just hits a hiccup causing this issue to arise?

Mark Javornik

54 minutes ago, markjj said:

And, since reloading the panel state or starting up from cold and dark almost always fixes the issue, is it possible that every so often the loading of the panel state just hits a hiccup causing this issue to arise?

Might your other panel state be from before the last update? If so, it should be deleted and rebuilt.

Kyle Rodgers

21 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Might your other panel state be from before the last update? If so, it should be deleted and rebuilt.

I did full reinstalls of the PMDG 777 (as per instructions) whenever a new update was released.  I cannot recall but is it necessary to manually delete the panel states despite a complete uninstall and reinstall through the installer?  If so then I'll give that a try, or perhaps create my own "default" panel state from a cold and dark startup to ensure that the new default state was created on the latest build

Mark Javornik

4 hours ago, markjj said:

I did full reinstalls of the PMDG 777 (as per instructions) whenever a new update was released.  I cannot recall but is it necessary to manually delete the panel states despite a complete uninstall and reinstall through the installer?  If so then I'll give that a try, or perhaps create my own "default" panel state from a cold and dark startup to ensure that the new default state was created on the latest build

No, manually deleting files is not necessary for updating. 

To get the speed trend vector to work on the PFD the aircraft has to make some kind of movement before attempting a Take Off. If you load up the Sim and are sitting on the runway and set up the FMC etc then apply power for T/O it will not show. So Taxi off the runway then back on and you should find it working. Guess it's a little glitch that will get fixed.

Hi, after 15 installations  , with 3 different motherboards (2 ASUS and 1 Gigabyte) , three different SSD and other components , in both FSX-SE and P3d V4, this issue remains. It comes and go, also the RAAS is not installed automatically, I need to do it manually (Windows 10 Pro x64 Spanish versión)  ...Before the latest updates, this was working perfectly. In fact the B747 Works OK.

Best.

Miquel Egea.

1 hour ago, miguelpp said:

Hi, after 15 installations  , with 3 different motherboards (2 ASUS and 1 Gigabyte) , three different SSD and other components , in both FSX-SE and P3d V4, this issue remains. It comes and go, also the RAAS is not installed automatically, I need to do it manually (Windows 10 Pro x64 Spanish versión)  ...Before the latest updates, this was working perfectly. In fact the B747 Works OK.

Best.

Miquel Egea.

Have you tried what I said in my post above about making a movement with the aircraft before attempting a T/O? This is how I can get it to work on my system