Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Looking for IFSD panel texture.

Changing the interior 747 cockpit to grey by request and cannot locate texture for the ISFD section of the panel. In the screenshot it is the only panel area still brown. 

Click on pic for larger image;

Captures-XL.png

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Cant help you Paul, sorry, but that looks so much better than brown! appealing!

Luke Pype

Thanks but if I cannot find this texture than no use finishing it. I was hoping someone from PMDG would clue me in.

Here is a closer look at the texture. 

a23rfg-XL.png

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Still hoping for someone from PMDG to chime in with the location of this texture. I have a lot of work in this cockpit change and this is the one thing keeping me from releasing it. Please,,:)

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

It might be tied (locked in) to the model itself somehow.

Just out of interest, is this a real life option for the 744?   (Or just a fictional project) ?

Cheers.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Fictional by request.  I was afraid it might be locked in because I think that panel is changeable. 

• Upvote 1

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Still hoping someone from PMDG would help with this. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

28 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Still hoping someone from PMDG would help with this. 

This forum isn't the official avenue for support, and even then, the paintkit is unsupported.

So, you're on your own.

Kyle Rodgers

Wow, what a reply, so guys that help your product by producing repaints will get no support for their efforts. When I did the cockpits for A2A they provided all the help I asked for. Thanks for letting  me know so I can concentrate on other devs aircraft for my freeware work. 

• Upvote 2

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

8 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Wow, what a reply, so guys that help your product by producing repaints will get no support for their efforts. When I did the cockpits for A2A they provided all the help I asked for. Thanks for letting  me know so I can concentrate on other devs aircraft for my freeware work. 

Paul,

We literally tell you that it's unsupported in the paintkit's instructions. Moreover, you've been here long enough to know that, in order to get an official response from us, you need to go to the support portal. Other devs are other devs, and they'll behave as they behave. If the level of support bothers you here, then you're not being restricted from going elsewhere. Either way, there's no need for the added drama here.

Kyle Rodgers

Drama? I am just a working texture artist giving my free time to freeware painting. I expect professionalism in my work and when working with devs and also expect the same when asking for help with my freeware work. 

I paid full price for your wonderful 747 and gladly produced some liveries for it now only to be told to go figure it our for yourself when asking where a certain texture is. 

You might want to reconsider how you treat those that love your product enough to spend hours upon hours painting it.

• Upvote 2

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

27 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Drama? I am just a working texture artist giving my free time to freeware painting. I expect professionalism in my work and when working with devs and also expect the same when asking for help with my freeware work. 

I paid full price for your wonderful 747 and gladly produced some liveries for it now only to be told to go figure it our for yourself when asking where a certain texture is. 

You might want to reconsider how you treat those that love your product enough to spend hours upon hours painting it.

The problem is Paul, you're editing textures which are not part of the paint kit. I'm sure if you had a problem with the paint kit, PMDG would happily help out (actually I know they would, over in the DC-6 forum the PMDG painter has helped out a few paint kit related questions). You're modifying textures outside of the paint kit which PMDG don't allow.

9 hours ago, warbirds said:

Sorry, Paul, but there are limits to where we will offer support. When we set hit limits to what we'll provide, it's a hard limit. If we specifically state that something is unsupported, then it's unsupported. If I repeat that information, I don't expect to get push back about how other people do X and Y - if they have the bandwidth to support that, then that's great. We don't. As Chris mentioned, you're not even in the paintkit. You're even further outside of the scope of what we'll help with. To expect support for rooting through territory we don't even provide a paintkit for is a bit rich.

I support your enthusiasm for what you're doing. Just don't attempt to shame us for not stepping in to support something that we have stated from the outset will not get support. All the rest of the painters seem to be managing just fine. We can't make exceptions on our hard limits, otherwise we have to make that exception for everyone...if we didn't, there would be an implied "this is PMDG's favorite painter who gets all the special attention." Not gonna happen. Sorry.

Kyle Rodgers

Yikes Kyle, even I think that your reply was a little terse.  I completely get what you are saying but the guy only asked a question, i am pretty sure that you could have phrased the same statement a little more politely.  

I can only say that if this was the first thread i had read from an official PMDG spokesperson i would definitely have second thoughts about purchasing from PMDG.

• Upvote 4

Ian R Tyldesley

5 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

Yikes Kyle, even I think that your reply was a little terse.  I completely get what you are saying but the guy only asked a question, i am pretty sure that you could have phrased the same statement a little more politely.  

I can only say that if this was the first thread i had read from an official PMDG spokesperson i would definitely have second thoughts about purchasing from PMDG.

Because I noted that the paintkit is unsupported? I'm failing to see the issue here.

Kyle Rodgers