Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 (spanish)???

Hey,

I just set up a clean windows build with P3dv4 and just installed 777 using the latest installer.  I just happened to see that Microsoft Access Database engine 2010 (Spanish) is installed?  My windows is set to English as default and I haven't even installed office at this point of the system build.

Is this for locked RAAS? and why is Spanish build installed? shouldn't it be English version.

Is everything alright?

access.png

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

14 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Is this for locked RAAS?

Yep.

and why is Spanish build installed? shouldn't it be English version.

Ask them.

Is everything alright?

Is your computer behaving improperly?

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

Yep.

Ask them.

Is your computer behaving improperly?

Thank You for letting me know that is on FS2Crew's end and Wow!!! super fast response here.

Everything is working fine on the pc.  Zero problems so far.

Have a great weekend

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

14 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Thank You for letting me know that is on FS2Crew's end and Wow!!! super fast response here.

Everything is working fine on the pc.  Zero problems so far.

Have a great weekend

Lucky you Skywolf, because on my system, the installation of the 64-bit version of "Microsoft Access Database engine 2010 (Spanish)" caused my Office 2010 applications (32-bit version of Office 2010 Pro, even though I am running Windows 10 Home x64) to start with an error message saying "One of your object libraries is missing or damaged. Please run Setup to install it", which I did and was able to work on my Office documents but only for that session. That same error message would come up again every time I launched an Office application.

A search on Internet took me to a Microsoft Support page stating that the problem is caused by having a 64-bit version of the Access Database engine running along a 32-bit version of Office and recommended to remove the 64-bit version of Access Database engine. I looked at my installed APPS in Windows and I saw the entry for the Access Database engine in the list with the same install date as my PMDG airccarfts. Since I never installed MS Access and don't need it, and I did not see any relevance between it and PMDG (not mentionned in any document I read) I followed Microsoft's recommendation and removed it, which corrected my problem with the 32-bit Office applications. All the uninstall dialogs were in spanish, despite my OS being in US English. I did not know it was needed by RAAS.

But then, Prepa3D v4 would no longer start and I could not figure out why, except that I knew that the only thing installed that day was the PMDG aircafts (NGX+777). So I uninstalled my PMDG aircrafts and Prepar3D v4 completely and re-installed them while monitoring the installed applications window and I then realized that installing the PMDG aircrafts triggered a silent install of the  64-bit "Microsoft Access Database engine 2010 (Spanish)".

At that point, it seemed that I had to choose between using Office or using PMDG in Prepa3D v4, but not both :-(

Well, I finally solved the whole problem by uninstalling my 32-bit version of Office 2010 Pro and installing the 64-bit version of Office.

I took the time to write all this not so much as a reply to your own post, but more as additional information in case some other users are having the same problem I had and are still scratching their head off trying to understand what is going on.

Best regards,

• Upvote 1

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

1 hour ago, NBouc said:

Lucky you Skywolf, because on my system, the installation of the 64-bit version of "Microsoft Access Database engine 2010 (Spanish)" caused my Office 2010 applications (32-bit version of Office 2010 Pro, even though I am running Windows 10 Home x64) to start with an error message saying "One of your object libraries is missing or damaged. Please run Setup to install it", which I did and was able to work on my Office documents but only for that session. That same error message would come up again every time I launched an Office application.

A search on Internet took me to a Microsoft Support page stating that the problem is caused by having a 64-bit version of the Access Database engine running along a 32-bit version of Office and recommended to remove the 64-bit version of Access Database engine. I looked at my installed APPS in Windows and I saw the entry for the Access Database engine in the list with the same install date as my PMDG airccarfts. Since I never installed MS Access and don't need it, and I did not see any relevance between it and PMDG (not mentionned in any document I read) I followed Microsoft's recommendation and removed it, which corrected my problem with the 32-bit Office applications. All the uninstall dialogs were in spanish, despite my OS being in US English. I did not know it was needed by RAAS.

But then, Prepa3D v4 would no longer start and I could not figure out why, except that I knew that the only thing installed that day was the PMDG aircafts (NGX+777). So I uninstalled my PMDG aircrafts and Prepar3D v4 completely and re-installed them while monitoring the installed applications window and I then realized that installing the PMDG aircrafts triggered a silent install of the  64-bit "Microsoft Access Database engine 2010 (Spanish)".

At that point, it seemed that I had to choose between using Office or using PMDG in Prepa3D v4, but not both :-(

Well, I finally solved the whole problem by uninstalling my 32-bit version of Office 2010 Pro and installing the 64-bit version of Office.

I took the time to write all this not so much as a reply to your own post, but more as additional information in case some other users are having the same problem I had and are still scratching their head off trying to understand what is going on.

Best regards,

NBouc - Thank you for your feedback.  I hope your insights can be picked up by the PMDG and FS2Crew team.  I got lucky as I didn't have Office installed on this system but that may not be case for other users.  

I suggest you should also post this as a ticket to PMDG FS2Crew support so this matter can be looked into more.

16 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

I suggest you should also post this as a ticket to PMDG support so this matter can be looked into more.

This is not a PMDG issue. This is an FS2Crew issue.

Kyle Rodgers

There is a workaround for this problem:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-install-64-bit-Microsoft-Database-Drivers-alongside-32-bit-Microsoft-Office.html

Specifically bullets 3 and 4 in the link provided after installing a PMDG product with RAAS PRO included.

Cheers,

Edited by Mats_J
Specifying the workaround...

Thank you Mats for the link. I've bookmarked it in case I ever need to revert to a 32-bit Office for some reason.

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

I do have an issue with the spanish Access Database Engine 2010 64Bit too.

But I don't have the PMDG 777 installed!!!

I'm not able to install the Office 2010 Pro 32Bit, due to a Setup-Error.

The Access Databese Engine appears to be installed on my computer on the 08/19/2017.

On the same day, I had the following other Addons installed:

• A2A C128
  • A2A Commanche 250
  • JustSim EDDH
  • JustSim EDDL
  • PMDG 737-8900
  • PMDG 737-6700

I don't have any PS2Crew installed.

This is already my 2nd PC setup in 4 weeks, as I ran into the "Spanish Access" before, wenn I installed the MS-Office 2010 first and got the error messages when all of my P3DV4 Addons were installed.

Ralf

7 hours ago, skystar said:

I do have an issue with the spanish Access Database Engine 2010 64Bit too.

But I don't have the PMDG 777 installed!!!

I'm not able to install the Office 2010 Pro 32Bit, due to a Setup-Error.

The Access Databese Engine appears to be installed on my computer on the 08/19/2017.

On the same day, I had the following other Addons installed:

• A2A C128
  • A2A Commanche 250
  • JustSim EDDH
  • JustSim EDDL
  • PMDG 737-8900
  • PMDG 737-6700

I don't have any PS2Crew installed.

This is already my 2nd PC setup in 4 weeks, as I ran into the "Spanish Access" before, wenn I installed the MS-Office 2010 first and got the error messages when all of my P3DV4 Addons were installed.

Ralf

The 737 uses RAAS if I'm not mistaken. That could be why it was installed, as it uses the same version of RAAS that the rest of the product line does.

Nope, never have had RAAS in the 737. 

Dan Downs KCRP

10 hours ago, downscc said:

Nope, never have had RAAS in the 737. 

Wasn't completely sure, thanks for clearing that up!

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:00 PM, scandinavian13 said:

This is not a PMDG issue. This is an FS2Crew issue.

Kyle

I respectively have to disagree with you - it is a PMDG issue.  RAAS may be the culprit but it is the PMDG 777 installer that is putting the database engine on our computers. Please consider modifying the installer to make the installation of RAAS an option. 

• Upvote 2

David Blitch
USAF (Retired); i7-6700K @ 4.0, 16g RAM, GTX 1070, SSD 1TB, SSD 240 GB, HDD 2TB, LG 32" Monitor, P3Dv4,
UTL, FSC, ASN, ORBX, Track IR 5, EFB, PFPX, TOPCAT, PMDG 737, 747, 777, DC-6

I had exactly the same problem.after adding the PMDG 777 as only add-on to a newly installed P3Dv4. I also removed 32 bit Office 2010 and replaced it by the 64 bit version. After removing and then reinstalling both P3Dv4 and the 777, I still have the problem. The start-up screen of P3Dv4 disappears and is replaced by nothing, but P3Dv4 is still running; I have to stop it with the task manager. Unfortunately 64 bit Microsoft Access is not compatible with the 32 bit version at work, so I have had to revert to 32 bit Office 2010. Don't know what to do now (except for a ticket to PMDG)