Sign in to follow this  
Jac_49

Black Marble Base for P3Dv4 released

I really don' t get it why it is working for some and others (me) not......

Carsten U

Hi Carsten,

Can you tell me if this entry is in your scenery.cfg file located in your programdata folder inside lockheed martins prepar3D folder. I found this in there after I installed B/M and after I removed Orbx lighting. It didn't remove it from the cfg file.

[Area.138]
Title=FTX_NA_!OLC_LIGHTS
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_NA_LIGHTS
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=138

NOTE: Your number (138) may be different than mine.

• Upvote 3

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

25 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Hi Carsten,

Can you tell me if this entry is in your scenery.cfg file located in your programdata folder inside lockheed martins prepar3D folder. I found this in there after I installed B/M and after I removed Orbx lighting. It didn't remove it from the cfg file.

[Area.138]
Title=FTX_NA_!OLC_LIGHTS
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=138

Mike,thanks for coming back to me.

I am currently Not at home but yes i have this entry also as i do have one for europe.i deactivated both.

Best, Carsten

Carsten U

So peeps.  Is it worth it or not?  I'm close to buying it, but there are just so many plugins doing the same thing these days..not sure what the added value is.

• Upvote 1

I think I'll hold off and wait for some reviews on this. I also agree, there are so many add-ons that do the same or similar. I'm trying to keep my install tidy.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Where is BM adding value if I already have Orbx base, Vector, FTX lights and/or regions?  

Confused.com.

• Upvote 1

Well, I only did one flight and I oisted screenshots from the London area. And I really like it.

But I gota say that other areas are not really lit up with BM Base only (did not buy Vector).

In my eyes: When you like flying at night: Go for BM + BM Vector. But you have deactivate the FTX Vector streets.

Only BM (without BM vector) is not worth it in my eyes.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ErichB said:

Where is BM adding value if I already have Orbx base, Vector, FTX lights and/or regions?  

Confused.com.

A major launch with more questions than answers. The dev was very active on Avsim just prior to launch

I love there screen shots but ....

ZORAN

I am using Black Marble Base along with Black Marble Vector in P3Dv4.  I also use ORBX FTX Global and OpenLC.  I was using ORBX Vector but did have some issues initially with BM so I uninstalled it.  This could have been an error on my part...not sure.  Chris provides awesome support and I know he is looking into the FTX issues.  I'm not seeing a huge need for it anyway with the Black Marble Vector data....aside from the coastlines.

That being said, I am really happy with it!  The big advantage over the FTX OpenLC lighting aside from the fact it is worldwide is that you can customize every lighting aspect for the roads.  The Black Marble interface allows an infinite amount of lighting possibilities.  You have the ability to include many types of road options but I personally only use the 4 major road types. I never really use residential/tertiary roads in any Vector programs.  You can change the light colors, sizes, offsets, etc, etc.  This is where the product may become hard to judge based on someone else's rendition and sceenshots of it.  You can make it look however you prefer!  I have customized mine and think it looks 10 times better than FTX OPenLC lights. OpenLC lights are static and the same color everywhere you go.  This may work for many but if you really want to customize your nights, Black Marble is the tool that does it.  The FTX Global 3D lights work as they normally do as Black Marble is strictly vector lighting.  

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

7 hours ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Hi,

Nope I have orbx Base, L/C and NA installed with B/M. All I did was uncheck all the boxes under orbx configuration / settings for ROAD. That's now controlled by Black Marble.

Welcome back Mike.

9 hours ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Hi Carsten,

[Area.138]
Title=FTX_NA_!OLC_LIGHTS
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=138

Thanks for that!  Thats fixed issue in the areas where I have open LC for example NA, Europe, and SA.

Although in UK for example I have orbx england installed and im getting both the orange orbx lights and the BM lights.

How do I switch off the orange orbx lights in the orbx regions ??

Thanks again Mike

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, newtie said:

Welcome back Mike.

Hi,

Just here to answer a few questions about Black Marble that's it, the program is amazing and I'd like to see it succeed. Aside from adding lights it adds road vector data, in my video into klga you can see (if you know the area) the belt parkway running along side Bay Ridge Boorklyn, the BQE as well as where they meet at 65th street and continues on down to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel. Have you seen the overhead shot of Los Angeles and the grid of lights that make up that area.

Here is an AM shot out of KMIA, the lighting is spectacular and this is default. I haven't even started playijng with all the settings yet.

KMIA.JPG

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Mike do you have dynamic lights and HDR lighting on?? 

14ppkc-6.png

Just now, tooting said:

Mike do you have dynamic lights and HDR lighting on?? 

Hi,

I run 1.0 / 3.0 /1.0 from top to bottom, dynamic lighting is OFF. I use my 4K's dynamic setting with some changes I've made, I get a cool effect with no hit in performance.

Thanks.  Is there a scenery area I have to add because Checking on my system it looks like it doesnt work after all. 

14ppkc-6.png