Sign in to follow this  
Jac_49

Black Marble Base for P3Dv4 released

Hi,

No scenery area for you to add for B/M.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Cheers Mike,  can you do me a huge favour and pm me your terrain.cfg 

Many thanks in advance 

14ppkc-6.png

grid4.jpg

grid1.jpggrid2.jpggrid3.jpg

Hi Erich,

The difference between orbx lighting and B/M lighting (and I'm sure Chris can correct me if i'm wrong). Orbx just places lighting within the sim, it looks nice and it was better than what we had before that, which was nothing. Black Marble runs night lighting using road vector data and this is global.

One other plus, I have seen ZERO hit performance on my system after adding this lighting system.

• Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

1 hour ago, tooting said:

Thanks for that!  Thats fixed issue in the areas where I have open LC for example NA, Europe, and SA.

Although in UK for example I have orbx england installed and im getting both the orange orbx lights and the BM lights.

How do I switch off the orange orbx lights in the orbx regions ??

Thanks again Mike

Hi,

Sorry I cannot help you there, I do not own that Orbx product. I just use their Base, L/C ans N/A products.

Nice effort but seems too cartoon for the new p3d V4 requierments.

Any feedback?

NB: Thanks Tooting for UT2 P3D V4 new aircrafts skins/ Amazing

If I buy this product  - I am quite confused as to what I would need to buy (there are several products) and how it conflicts with Orbx Vector and UTX and how to deal with conflicts yet keep the vector data necessary for daytime flying (roads, traffic on roads etc).

I use Orbx, Global, Regions, OpenLC, Airports, Vector, UTX priority over Vector, and loads of other scenery.

Can someone summarize for me (and others) information related to my statement above?

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

52 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Black Marble runs night lighting using road vector data and this is global.

So will FTX Global w/ Vector, won't it?  Lights are placed on roads with either FTX or Black Marble.  So whatever vector data you have, you will see lights "attached" to roads.  We don't see lights just randomly placed in the middle of nowhere.  They follow vector data.

Black Marble just uses a different color pallet and different(?) vector data than FTX Vector or even default FSX/P3D.  That's all the difference that I can tell, at the moment.  Maybe I'm wrong?

So it's just another artist's rendition of night and possibly uses different(more accurate?) vector data.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

That would be a question best left to the guys over at Chris Bell Designs forum.

Mark

5 minutes ago, klamal said:

So will FTX Global w/ Vector, won't it?  Lights are placed on roads with either FTX or Black Marble.  So whatever vector data you have, you will see lights "attached" to roads.  We don't see lights just randomly placed in the middle of nowhere.  They follow vector data.

Black Marble just uses a different color pallet and different(?) vector data than FTX Vector or even default FSX/P3D.  That's all the difference that I can tell, at the moment.  Maybe I'm wrong?

So it's just another artist's rendition of night and possibly uses different(more accurate?) vector data.

Hi,

I do not believe Orbx is using real world road vector data as overhead shots have shown. I no longer have orbx by itself in my setup anymore. Does anyone not using B/M have any overhead shots showing Orbx lighting grid in various cities?. Like KLAX.

KLAX.jpg

Just now, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

I do not believe Orbx is using real world road vector data as overhead shots have shown. I no longer have orbx by itself in my setup anymore. Does anyone not using B/M have any overhead shots showing Orbx lighting grid in various cities?. Like KLAX.

Maybe I should clarify...Orbx Vector would be.  FTX Global all by itself will be using whatever stock vector data is included w/ the sim and lights will "follow" it.  Probably nowhere near as accurate as Vector or Black Marble.  Again, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is correct.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

7 minutes ago, klamal said:

Maybe I should clarify...Orbx Vector would be.  FTX Global all by itself will be using whatever stock vector data is included w/ the sim and lights will "follow" it.  Probably nowhere near as accurate as Vector or Black Marble.  Again, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is correct.

Hi,

From what I've seen orbx road vector is nowhere near as real/accurate looking as B/M, also with orbx you lose the ability to control the lighting as it appears in your setup. These are some lighting options that B/M has available.

lightspanel.jpg

1 minute ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

From what I've seen orbx road vector is nowhere near as real looking as B/M, with orbx you lose the ability to control the lighting as it appears in your setup. As some lighting options seen below.

And that may just be the biggest difference and/or selling point of B/M.  I don't know.  That and if you like Chris' rendition better than Orbx.  Other than that, I still see no 'earth shattering' reason to purchase as it's very darn close to what we already have.  I'm still trying hard to want to purchase this myself.  But like others here just can't find that reason that puts this over the top of anything else.  It's still not worth my money, IMO.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

4 minutes ago, klamal said:

And that may just be the biggest difference and/or selling point of B/M.  I don't know.  That and if you like Chris' rendition better than Orbx.  Other than that, I still see no 'earth shattering' reason to purchase as it's very darn close to what we already have.  I'm still trying hard to want to purchase this myself.  But like others here just can't find that reason that puts this over the top of anything else.  It's still not worth my money, IMO.

Hi,

Well, I don't know what to tell you. I can see a tremendous difference on approach into KLAX in a tube liner. For those of you who do not have Black Marble and have orbx base,L/C and NA, go to KLAX at night and view from above. Zoom out to get close to the image I provided and compare. That tells the whole story, you don't have to take my word for it.

2 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Hi,

Well, I don't know what to tell you. I can see a tremendous difference on approach into KLAX in a tube liner. For those of you who do not have Black Marble and have orbx base,L/C and NA, go to KLAX at night and view from above. Zoom out to get close to the image I provided and compare. That tells the whole story, you don't have to take my word for it.

So, just to clarify and I'm sorry if I missed it, but you did not/do not actually have FTX Vector then, right?  So you are going from FTX w/out Vector to FTX w/ Black Marble?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Hi,

No, I have ORBX Global Base, Vector L/C and N/A installed. I have ROADS section turned OFF in FTX control panel and I'm using Black Marble to control my lighting and roads.