Sign in to follow this  
Jac_49

Black Marble Base for P3Dv4 released

@klamal

so Kevin...
clearly you still haven't manage to convince yourself that you have the best night solution out there have you? :laugh:

On 8/5/2017 at 5:36 AM, captain420 said:

can you please post some screenshots?

Hi,

I have a screen shot in this topic as well as a video.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

4 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

@klamal

so Kevin...
clearly you still haven't manage to convince yourself that you have the best night solution out there have you? :laugh:

LOL.  No, I haven't.  :)  I forget now, do you have a money back guarantee?  Maybe I just need to give it a try and see for myself.

Can I say this too...thank you, Chris.  Thank you for listening to someone who is very skeptical and voicing that without just ignoring me or casting me off as someone that will never see the light - pun intended.  :)  It says a lot and is a big reason why I want to like this.  You are one of the "Good guys" here and I want to support you even just based on that.  Let alone how good the product may or may not be.

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

indeed we do have a money back guarantee :happy:
we want to earn your hard earned money the right way!
we want to see you invest in us in the long run, not just one product!

• Upvote 1

This is where I stand on this.  I already own Orbx Vector.  When combined with a few tweaks relating to night lighting from PTA (16 EU), the effect is almost indistinguishable from what I see on the screenshots here.  On the other hand, if you don't own Orbx Vector, I think this may be worth the asking price.

Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 2

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

6 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

indeed we do have a money back guarantee :happy:
we want to earn your hard earned money the right way!
we want to see you invest in us in the long run, not just one product!

Ok, that sounds good then.  I will buy this as soon as I get back from my trip to Norway!!  We leave tomorrow night so there isn't time to really play with it now.  I'll give it a good test then.

Thanks again, Chris!!

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

1 hour ago, Chris Bell said:

for those of you who expressed their concern about mixing Black Marble with orbx product line please see this post

https://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/topic/348-is-this-how-ftx-vector-should-be-set-up/?do=findComment&comment=3857

Hi Chris...I see you are working overtime on all this stuff.

However, I have been reading this thread and as well the one you point to.  I have become totally confused and its turned me completely off. I am fed up with tweaking and such over the decades and now with P3D4 I haven't done one tweak and don't want to.

I started another AVSIM thread, asking specifically if someone would please sum up your products and how they interact with the ones most of us already have.

If you or someone else can do that I would be more helpful.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Am I the only one not seeing much difference in this versus Orbx Lights+Vector? 

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Really dumb question! I know and for shame, but I'm poor, LOL. I don't use any Orbx software at all. Again, for shame! I know. But I would really love to have the roads and night lighting that BM offers. Will just the Base do that for me or do I need the Vector package as well? I really only fly airliners, mostly at night.

Thanks for reading

David Warner

BetaTeamB.png

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

Am I the only one not seeing much difference in this versus Orbx Lights+Vector? 

Yes :biggrin:

22 minutes ago, DLWbluues said:

Will just the Base do that for me or do I need the Vector package as well? I really only fly airliners, mostly at night.

Base will bring our road veins as far as the eye can see, but its not the same without Vector!
sure you could get by; without vector Black Marble is using only existing native sim vector data,
where Vector renders the whole world with accurate lighting footprint thats created from accurate vector data! not random textures with annotated lights on them or randomly scattered trees as lights,

we render the view you see from vector data only! no textures!!!
what you see below you is real and accurate road data being drawn live, no textures are involved here!
our data is also very uniquely crafted and matches Sim native data format and structure;
which allows us to load massive amount of data with minimal impact on your Sim,
as usual like with all our work so far; other developers will use our logic as it seems to be working beyond expectations  :sleep:

Chris, how is the vector data in your product for the Asian region? Is it fairly accurate in cities like Tokyo, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Ha Noi, Seoul, Busan, Hong Kong, Taipei, Manila, Singapore, Bangkok, Phuket, etc?

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Black Marbles coverage of Asia is Excellent and most complete you will find to date!
it is extremely dense and one of the most difficult areas to render data for due to the density of population!
seriously some places in Asia are insane when it comes to vector data,

• Upvote 1