Sign in to follow this  
JYW

The best addon I have ever purchased

34 minutes ago, bk2000 said:

Is there a "whole lotta shaken' goin' on" ?  when the cockpit is moving every which way doesn't that make it more difficult to point and keep your cursor on clickable areas?

As in real life, it's harder to hit buttons in severe turbulence ;). No really, the "anticipation" movements take some time to get used to, but that's about it. Many of the movements are rather subtle and won't keep you from operating the controls with a mouse. This plug-in is HIGHLY recommended for any X-Plane pilot!

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

23 hours ago, exodus1977 said:

does anyone use this with the IXEG 737? Would it add anything to that?

I can't speak for the IXEG but it adds a lot when using the ZIBO (incl. FMOD sound). You can customize it to each plane so you won't get double sounds (for example flaps operation). As far as the head movements go (anticipation, ground effects, turbulence ect.), I don't think the IXEG has any of that, so I'd say the plug-in is also a must when using the IXEG.

• Upvote 1

-

2 hours ago, bk2000 said:

Is there a "whole lotta shaken' goin' on" ?  when the cockpit is moving every which way doesn't that make it more difficult to point and keep your cursor on clickable areas?

Every imagineable parameter is adjustable for movement, shaking and volume.   And adjustments made are saved and remembered automatically for each aircraft.

I'm no 'disser' of A2A and own and love everything (GA) they've made but honestly, this one is in a different league to Accu-feel;  in features and how the effects are rendered in-sim.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

12 minutes ago, richie894 said:

Does XPRealistic offer much to jet airliners, or is geared more towards GA/ prop?

As much to airliners as GA.   There are sound and movement effect presets for both.  Personally I use it more on airliners than on GA.   For example, if you're in the "touchdown effect" preset list, there are tiny 'screech' sounds as you'd get from a C152 and huge great 'slamdown' sounds for when you put a 747 down at -300FPM.  :biggrin:  .....again the shaking effects are adjusted to suit.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

I have had this a couple of weeks. I like the plug-in, I do not like the lua dependency. So much so I have had to disable XPRealistic for now. I found that almost all of my other scripts conflict with it and it does not work unless I remove them. I have some great scripts to make my sim look and work better - i.e. like reducing the haze. Shame, I hope in the future I can use it again. Not playing nice with other scripts is a deal-breaker for me.

1 hour ago, richie894 said:

I have had this a couple of weeks. I like the plug-in, I do not like the lua dependency. So much so I have had to disable XPRealistic for now. I found that almost all of my other scripts conflict with it and it does not work unless I remove them. I have some great scripts to make my sim look and work better - i.e. like reducing the haze. Shame, I hope in the future I can use it again. Not playing nice with other scripts is a deal-breaker for me.

Lua scripts that contain graphics-enhancing dataref tweaks should cause no problems with XPRealistic at all. Non of my Lua scripts ever interfered with the add-on. Are you sure you got your things straight?

-

7 hours ago, richie894 said:

I have it, along with a haze reduction script, and all are playing nice in the sand box. Just added the mouse-scroll wheel lock-out lua...and that is also playing nice with everybody.  It might be something else?

Hmm, that's odd (and unfortunate) Richie. I've got  load of FlywithLUA plugins installed (around 10 at the last count) and don't have any conflicts.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

On 8/23/2017 at 10:53 AM, Colonel X said:

Lua scripts that contain graphics-enhancing dataref tweaks should cause no problems with XPRealistic at all. Non of my Lua scripts ever interfered with the add-on. Are you sure you got your things straight?

When I have certain scripts "active" and click on XPRealistic in the FlyLua macro menu nothing happens, it does not open up the UI. When the scripts are removed from the folder and I click it, the UI opens up. I don't know what else explains this other than a script conflict.

Love it and wish it was also for P3Dv4 :)

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

8 hours ago, richie894 said:

When I have certain scripts "active" and click on XPRealistic in the FlyLua macro menu nothing happens, it does not open up the UI. When the scripts are removed from the folder and I click it, the UI opens up. I don't know what else explains this other than a script conflict.

Well, I would guess your scripts are somewhat messed up then. Maybe check what exactly you need out of those and clean up a little?

-

8 hours ago, warbirds said:

Love it and wish it was also for P3Dv4 :)

Well, you are witnessing the changing of the guard. Live and let die.

By the way, Better Pushback AND XP Realistic - that's already two addons for the new master sim.

-

15 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Well, you are witnessing the changing of the guard. Live and let die.

By the way, Better Pushback AND XP Realistic - that's already two addons for the new master sim.

I concur that XPRealistic is a GREAT add-on and the Expansion packs are also very nice.  I don't have Better Pushback yet, but it's coming soon.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

2 hours ago, SmokeDiddy said:

I concur that XPRealistic is a GREAT add-on and the Expansion packs are also very nice.  I don't have Better Pushback yet, but it's coming soon.

Better Pushback is a true little gem. The best push back experience ever to have happened in a simulator. And all free.

https://github.com/skiselkov/BetterPushbackC/releases

-