Sign in to follow this  
SKIPS2

PMDG 77L P3Dv4 Sound Pause (START UP)

Hi.

Has anyone experienced a brief sound pause on starting 1 of the 2 engines in v4?

Seems to happen every time for me when engine reaches approx 34% N2,,,,never happened in v3 or FSX

Dario

Basic troubleshooting would be to check your sound devices. Headphones, mixers, drivers, etc. Does this only happen when you are starting the engines or are you experiencing other sound loss? Nothing changed in the v4 version except compatibility for v4. I will check this tomorrow in my own sim and see if I'm experiencing it but I don't recall noticing it. Are you confusing a sound pause with the transition from the starter sound to the actual engine start? I recall there is a brief, like maybe a .5 second hitch, in the sound upon startup.

@ Milton Waddams All drivers are up to date and this only happens when starting the 1st engine.

There are no other sound losses...just this one.

Nah, i'm not being confused with a sound pause from starter sound to eng start..thx for reply tho

The thing is this never happened in V3 and now I have a problem with framerates as it relates to Landing Lights in V4...UNBELIEVABLE!

Landing lights is due to the code behind dynamic lighting not being optimized very much. LM is working to optimize it, it isn't PMDG's fault. As for the sound, it is very weird indeed. Have you submitted a ticket to them yet?

5 hours ago, SKIPS2 said:

@ Milton Waddams All drivers are up to date and this only happens when starting the 1st engine.

There are no other sound losses...just this one.

Nah, i'm not being confused with a sound pause from starter sound to eng start..thx for reply tho

The thing is this never happened in V3 and now I have a problem with framerates as it relates to Landing Lights in V4...UNBELIEVABLE!

For your sound issue, have you preloaded all sounds? (look in FMC sound options)

I had this same problem in v4. Check FMC PMDG settings to see if preloaded sounds is on. Should work!