Sign in to follow this  
sascha

Help with word not allowed P-51D/H

Hi all,

I just bought the P-51D/H package (at http://secure.simmarket.com/a2a-simulations-wings-of-power-p51dh-mustang.phtml) and it won't install. When the installer checks the registry I get this message:

"File corruption is found in your FS2004 directory. Please reinstall FS2004 and then install install Wings of Power."

To check this is installed the P-47 which I had de-installed some years ago and that installed no problem.

I had this problem before when installing updates for Wings of Power Heavy Bombers & Jets but that was solved when I returned some planes from the pack which I had deleted back into the aircraft directory.

The P-51 was never installed before though. I think the problem is that simmarket seems to sell the original release which probably require the non-updated FS9.

Cab anyone please send me the original fs9.exe file? I can't find my installation disks anymore. I hope that dropping the original exe in the root may help.

Cheers,

Sascha

I don't have a Dropbox account to send the file, but you mentioned a "non-updated" fs9 .exe file.  By "original" do you mean the one that requires disk #4 to be in the drive? or does this refer to the a launcher for the original MS Flight Simulator 2004 that has not had Update #1 applied at all?

Is there an alternative to Dropbox that is free?

I think the original without an update is the one I need. Here is a link to a free file service:

https://wetransfer.com/  German service which I have used which is reliable

Cheers,

Sascha