Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

ObjectFlow2 Is Almost Here

3 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

You do realize that if you have P3Dver3 installed still and have your airports in it, you are copying from there to ver 4? Thats the only reason I still had ver 3 installed.

Same here, and now that they are in V4, My V3 has been uninstalled and all sub folders deleted. Feels good.

I haven't uninstalled 3 yet, I keep thinking I might need it for trying to inject a few planes into 4. Just too hesitant I guess

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Not sure that I will leap into the Objectflow v2 beta just yet as there is lots of activity on the beta support forum. Hopefully the remaining bugs and functionality gaps will get sorted over the next few days.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

indeed, not worth screwing your installation to be in a hurry lol 

I think some of the fixes (and by the way I haven't seen any issues at CYSE the only ORBX feild I have so far flown into) will require Preprar3D V4.1 so some reinstalling is going to be required one way or the other. So I personally am not shy about installing the lot, Low and slow just is not the same without them.

Also I have often used a flight from FSDT CYYZ to ORBX CYSE over ORBX PWN in an A2A to benchmark. I would tune the sim for 30 FPS at CYVR at dawn in overcast conditions and then fly to CYSE. It's Always been the case that once CYSE loads the FPS would drop to low to mid 20's. Much to my surprise yesterday that did not happen. I got a couple of micro pauses when CYSE was loaded but after that it was 30 FPS all the way to the hanger. So something has definitely improved.

So far I've tested a bunch of ftx airports and I think that a missing file "OF_Config.xml" is what is causing some minor issues at some airports, but I have not had a CTD and performance is great.

There is only one airport that is still a bad performer, YBBN. This airport should be removed from the FTX store. All that is has done is create negative publicity for ORBX and performance still sucks even in v4 where all I've seen is a substantial fps increase across the board.

I decided to jump on board because even P3d v4 is still something I'm testing. So far it's passing all my tests with high grades.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I would NOT install it. It crashes my sim and the helpful response was uninstall it then.

I realize its a beta..but information from crashes is kind of important! :)

Installed it. Fired up Innsbruck with all sliders max. 

Just wow. 

Thanks ORBX!

7 hours ago, DJJose said:

There is only one airport that is still a bad performer, YBBN. This airport should be removed from the FTX store. 

I wish we could nail down the issue. I think its related to the terminal (closest to the ocean) Tried for hours in a GA aircraft with all kind of settings (inside P3DV3) which does not impact at all. 

30 fps is achieveable as long as you dont look at it.

its actually guite sad because it did some amazing stuff at the time but properly old programming nowadays.

Thanks Michael Moe

PS. If we could disable that terminal and test i could live with it  

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

I wish we could nail down the issue. I think its related to the terminal (closest to the ocean) Tried for hours in a GA aircraft with all kind of settings (inside P3DV3) which does not impact at all. 

30 fps is achieveable as long as you dont look at it.

its actually guite sad because it did some amazing stuff at the time but properly old programming nowadays.

Thanks Michael Moe

PS. If we could disable that terminal and test i could live with it  

YBBN looked great in FSX dx9 but performed terribly on my system.

Now in p3d v4 it doesn't look that good and performs just as bad as it did in FSX. If I disable all options, performance is much better, but who wants that?

Maybe someone with a newer computer will do better.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I disabled Orbx YBBN, and use Ants Aussie Airports YBBN, very good for freeware and does the job. Good on fps.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Update. I uninstalled FsGlobal Next Generation and all elevation problems disappeared.

Dino Rossetti

5 hours ago, dino172 said:

Update. I uninstalled FsGlobal Next Generation and all elevation problems disappeared.

Yeah, this is disappointing.  I was planning to use the two together, but Global NextGen really messes up the Orbx airports.  Not sure best way to proceed.

Isn't  Pilot's NG Mesh said to be FTX compatible? Does this only mean it doesn't CTD FTX airports...?

Is Freemesh better in this respect?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

6 hours ago, be77solo said:

Yeah, this is disappointing.  I was planning to use the two together, but Global NextGen really messes up the Orbx airports.  Not sure best way to proceed.

I've had FSGlobal Next Gen installed for awhile now, and have not seen any problems in the FTX Regional airports, nor the North America/FTX Global airports that I purchased.  Could you tell me which airports are messing up, and I'll check them on my system?  I may not have the airports you're referring to though.

Rod

Rod Beck