Sign in to follow this  
regis9

BDOAviation in P3Dv4

Is anyone successfully using BDOAviation sceneries in v4?  They are currently on sale and I have my eye on Liege for some cargo ops but it is not listed as v4 compatible.

thanks

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Late reply but I just tried installing King Abdulaziz v1.1 scenery in P3Dv4 and it gives me an error "P3D v3 was not found on your system".

Thanks, I'd like to buy Liege (great place for 747 flying) but I'm not going to risk it unless/until I hear that it does work (I'm guessing it probably doesn't).

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

That’s been my question but as of now I have not been able to get any confirmation either on here or from the developer themselves.

Dave

I will check for you this over the next couple days, as my sim rig right now is configured for sim racing,  But I do have BDO's Liege installed in my p3dv4 install, it's just been a significant amount of time since I visited.  I don't think its perfect, and I don't remember any show stoppers, though I am more tolerant of such things than many here.  I also remember having to manually fix an issue I had, bt again I can't remember what exactly.  Give me a day or so, and I will check it out and jog my memory.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ShawnG said:

I will check for you this over the next couple days, as my sim rig right now is configured for sim racing,  But I do have BDO's Liege installed in my p3dv4 install, it's just been a significant amount of time since I visited.  I don't think its perfect, and I don't remember any show stoppers, though I am more tolerant of such things than many here.  I also remember having to manually fix an issue I had, bt again I can't remember what exactly.  Give me a day or so, and I will check it out and jog my memory.

Great thank you. If it loads tell me if the night lights are okay and the ground textures appear. Not a good sign the developer has not responded to my emails but the scenery looks good.

Thank you!

Dave

I flew into BDO's EBLG in P3Dv4.1 last night and it worked fine.  It's a nice scenery. Bryn.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

One update - in low visibility during the day, the lights flicker on and off, like they do in a lot of pre P3Dv3 sceneries. The runways are also still designated as 05/23.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Thanks, sounds like no show stoppers then.

Dave

Hi,

I own the Scenery as well. How can I use it in P3d v4? Found no description how to do it so far. 

Thanks!

I believe I just installed it to the P3D directory and then manually added it to my scenery.cfg.  It’s been a little while but I don’t recall doing anything beyond that.

Dave

Nalmist none of their sceneries are officially compatible with v4, but I  use them in v4,5 regardless and without any problems. I install the sceneries into a directory of my choosing and then simply notify them to the sim by using lorbi’s Arron manager. Works very well and no problems torn as far as I can tell.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case