Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

Manfred Jahn DCE v3 - how do you read the DME gauge?

Wonderful aircraft. Have been flying it for some time, but just recently decided to do some instrument flying. A problem I have noticed: the DME gauge is behind the pilot's yoke and hidden from view, unless you pull the yoke way back. But you can't do that in flight or you will stall the aircraft. The yoke evidently cannot be hidden. How does one read the DME instrument? Not a problem with ADF and VOR as they are above the yoke, but the DME gauge I cannot figure out how to read it in flight. Any suggestions?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Maybe set the autopilot quickly or maybe hit z and then ctrl+z to hold your altitude and pull the

yoke back to look at the DME gauge and then turn off autopilot and resume flight.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You can hide the yokes by clicking on the small red signs at each side of the instrument panel - "hide/unhide yoke".

• Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

16 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

You can hide the yokes by clicking on the small red signs at each side of the instrument panel - "hide/unhide yoke".

Ah, nice to know!  That would be the little red sign under Marilyn's picture?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yes, but it's obviously not the first thing you notice when looking at that part of the panel!

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

21 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Thanks all, now I've got it!

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049