Sign in to follow this  
Guest jennifer

Hats off to Flight 1 !

Guest PPSFA

I find very few companies that have their 'act' together, and those that do deserve Kudo's!I bought the very first FS back in 95 I think it was, but never used it much. I bought each additional version and never used them much either until FS9. Once I saw the graphics, I was blown away. Little did I know that as good as FS was, there were addons available to make it better.Since I use FS to re-create aircraft accidents for a training company, I wanted the best graphics I could find. Not knowing anything about it, I researched everything available, and narrowed it down to 2 programs, World Extreme Landscapes and Flight Envirenment. I figured they both were global, and for the price, even if they didn't live up to expectations, I wasn't out much.I am a person who likes things to work, period, and the easier the better. I don't want to spend hours or days tweaking. I installed FE and had it running in minutes! Impressive! Then I loaded it into FS and immediatly fell in love! Outstanding Graphics! I am also a RL pilot, so I have a good idea what things are supposed to look like, and this was as close to real weather as I had ever seen. I was hooked on FE and immediatly contacted everyone I know who runs FS and told them to buy it.If it ended there, I wouldn't even bother to post this, because for a company to do what they say they will do isn't grounds for a pat on the back in my book. What prompted me to take the time to type this is this....I poked around until I found the link to GE, because based on FE, I just had to check it out. Again, outstanding graphics, as I expected. I decided on the spot to purchase this, and found a link to 'support'. Now with most emails to a companies, support, the email falls into a giant black hole and either dissappears, or it takes days to get a reply, and when you do you seldom get an answer to your question.NOT SO at Flight1 ! Not only did I get an immediate reply, but it was from the developer himself, Mr Vos! Now THAT got my attention! And thats the reason I will not only purchase ANY product Flight 1 sells, but will also spread the word to everyone I know. Between the info posted here, and the reply I got from email, it is obvious that this company not only cares about their products, but their customers also!Salute Mr Wilding, Mr Vos and Flight1!Jay Gardner (PPS)Fighter Ace Community ManagerKetsujin Studioshttps://fighterace.ketsujin.com

Guest Mesa

Here here. Same goes for RealAir in terms of support.

And also to add the flight 1 wrapper is the best for selling a product. Wish all developers would us it. Makes a reinstall after getting a new computer a breeze.Thanks Flight1

My purchase decision is influenced by the distributor. If a new product interest me and it is available from Flight1 I buy it with confidence. The return policy is fair ( I used it once) and considering I own everything they sell :), a good business decision by Flight1 to offer the 30 day guarantee. Flight1 maintains a record of my purchases and I can restore any title I have purchased; even after a total loss of all my keys and records. I would highly recommend Flight1 for both retail customers and developers. IMHO they are the gold standard for downloading distributors. Bob...

Guest fox450

Thank you for your kind words, we aim to please our customers and we are honored to have Flight1 as our publisher. We have relocated the website, please go at your discretion to;http://environments.flight1.netAnd we are still on the release schedule of the 24th of February, coming friday.We will do our utmost best to keep our customers satisfied!Much regards,Anthony Vos

Guest jennifer

Hi Anthony (Vos...got your name right this time.)! Pleased to see that it will be possible to 'plug in GE to the front end of FE to achieve integration. As a very pleased owner of FE I welcome this development.

Guest fox450

Hi Jenifer,We are going to different stages of development, and there will be updates and enhancements as we go after the first release.Peter is still waiting for the front-end for FE update 3, he has been let down by three coders now, and is currently looking for a new programmer / coder.There is an ongoing process to make a fully integrated package, with FE, GE and even a weather engine from the developer of Weathermaker Pro.Make sure you check the website for any future updates after the release on friday the 24th of February.

Just chiming in...Flight1 is a model and standard for comparison - best Flightsim add-on period in my book.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Yep, I buy most from Flight1. Good job men.JimCYWG

Guest Rayed

This is where no stupid anti-piracy protection, money back guarantee, very reasonable pricing and last but not least - very high quality of products pays off:).I have only one complain - you need to make friday happen tomorrow ;) (or better not, I got work to do hehe)

Guest jennifer

Anthony Vos wrote"...Make sure you check the website for any future updates after the release on friday the 24th of February....."Thanks for the info Anthony. I'll be purchasing GE anyway, and will look forward to the integration when it comes. The concept of integrating weather, ground, sky, and water textures makes a lot of sense to me and the prospect of some kind of front end that sorts that all out for the user is an appealing and I'm sure a winning idea. Of course it wouldn't be much good without first class textures. GE and FE make FS9 look, more or less, like FSX,(without the water relections admittedly). Not just because they are superb looking in themselves, but because the all important autogen is arranged in a realistic and efficient manner. This is good news in my view as it eliminates the need to rush out and buy FSX for its enhanced visual offerings as soon as it's released.. . . not that I won't,:-) but I'll be keeping FS9 going, alongside FSX, all that much longer, and hopefully by then GE/FE will be updated to work in FSX.(edited for spelling)

Guest av84fun

<>If your comment meant that there are some FORMS of anti-piracy protection routines that are cumbersome and/or ineffective, I agree with you fully.But if you meant that such protection, in general, is stupid, I couudn't disagree more. If you were the owner of copyrighted material that is being constantly stolen by people who see nothing wrong with doing so...like the Napster saga, you would have a very different opinion.Regards,Jim

Guest ThrottleUp

Yes I agree!I am very happy with Flight1. I really like their Wrapper, great idea and works flawlessly and it is worry-free. I like buying from them the best! Nice work Flight1 :)