Sign in to follow this  
The Great Aviator

PMDG causes P3D v4 to CTD after a few hours

Been trying to do long hauls all day and at some were between 3 and 4 hours into the journy the sim dissapars. Help please i am begining to get frustrated.

Hi,

Can you give more information please? Event viewer log? PMDG is the only addon installed? PC specs? 

Do you have latest versions for PMDG, Prepar3D (v4 hotfix 1) installed? 

Does it happen over a specific place every time?

There are so many things that can go wrong and cause the sim to crash. 

I'm not an expert but I have some 10 years of crashes experience, so I hope I'll be able to help you. 

Regards,

Maksim Polonski

Flight was from london stansted over orbx scenery to toronto cyyz in the pmdg 747 and 777. Crashes between 3 and four hours.

PC specs i7 7700k 1080ti 32gb ram

In Windows search, type Event viewer. 

Expand Windows logs and click on application. Try to locate your crash and please paste the log here. It will help find what's exactly causing the crash

I recommend you answer all the questions.  Latest PMDG versions, P3D version, etc.  Hard to help if you don't help.

Dan Downs KCRP

Were you using the Captain's PFD pop up at any time?

David Porrett

I had the same problem on my computer and found out it was my overclock . I bumped it down  from 4.6 to 4.4 and it worked fine . in fsx at. 4.6 I had no issues but I guess P3dv4 stresses more on the system. I have a 6700k.

Tom

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png

1 hour ago, The Great Aviator said:

Ok i have no overclock and no tweaks apart from affinity mask

Full names on all posts in the PMDG forums please. Once again, please help those that are trying to help you.  David asked if you used the Capt PFD 2D popup at any time?

Dan Downs KCRP

I posted a topic to show how to prevent the CTD of using Capt PFD popup during long flight by modifying panel.cfg (few hours ago). However, some mods have deleted my post without any reason. In addition, my fix worked perfectly on my system. I feel very upset and still don't know why they deleted my post whereas I just want to help simmers fix this problem and have a good flight. 

1 hour ago, Duc Trinh said:

I posted a topic to show how to prevent the CTD of using Capt PFD popup during long flight by modifying panel.cfg (few hours ago). However, some mods have deleted my post without any reason. In addition, my fix worked perfectly on my system. I feel very upset and still don't know why they deleted my post whereas I just want to help simmers fix this problem and have a good flight. 

I'm not a mod, but I suspect they might not have appreciated instructions being given to tool around with their files - support issues and all that. Just my theory.

David Porrett

2 hours ago, Duc Trinh said:

Because the latest version disabled it already via an ini entry (in fact, it goes one better and uses the FO popup in place of it so that you still have the general functionality) and we don't want customers mucking around with the files and then writing into support when they mess something up there.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I mentioned about backing up the file before editing. In addition, if simmer want to use both Capt and FO PFD popup for their multi display configuration, how can they do that with only FO PFD ? Moreover, there are some failure simulation cases that FO PFD will be turned off for saving energy so how can they enjoy the failure simulation ? I'm a hardcore of Flight Sim (since FS98) and I am also a hardcore of C++ programing and made a lot of plugins using simconnect and P3D SDK. I've spent lots of time and my money to figure out how to use Capt PFD popup without any CTD problem. To be honest, instead of deleting my post without notice, I think PMDG should check my fix to see it workes or not. After that, your developers can debug and see what cause CTD and release a patch for all simmers who have been waiting since p3d v3.1 (not just disable the feature bc can't fix the bug). I don't mind if PMDG deletes this post again or not, everything I've done is that contributing for simmer community and help PMDG fix this crazy bug permanently.

• Upvote 1