Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

Historically when does Orbx have sales?

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

They just had one in may. My guess the next one is in December.

I will not wait that long for LOWI.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Do you really think LOWI is worth 40 bucks? I am wanting it as well but price is a bit steep. I paid half that for Pago Pago and that included several Island airports. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

34 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Do you really think LOWI is worth 40 bucks? I am wanting it as well but price is a bit steep. I paid half that for Pago Pago and that included several Island airports. 

Its Australian $$$ so it like US$30

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Well ORBX is very high quality and I believe worth what they charge compared to what some other FS developer do that is not worth what they charge. But having said that I could not Justify spending that much on FS addons except when they are on sale. ORBX have great sales! I think that last one was 40% off on nearly everything so when they have a sale I typically spend a couple of hundred on the stuff I really want. ORBX sales a really good when they have them.

Lowi is the best, most immersive airport I have ever seen in the FSX based sim. I was going to wait for the next sale but glad I didn't. 

Thanks for your input. I will be interested to see how it works in v4.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Look for Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

7 hours ago, YukonPete said:

Yes the last sale was 47.5% off,  and not only is the Aussie dollar good value if you live on the wrong side of the Earth, (You dont want to hear us Aussies complain when we have to pay in $US it would send you deaf) Orbx is one of the VERY FEW companies I know of in Flight Simming that rewards you for making it to senior citizen status. 20% off on every Orbx product is no small amount when deducted from the $A amount.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/130056-senior-discount/#comment-1157577

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

Due to all the OOM issues down the years and the fact that Orbx products have always been a bit heavy on resources, relatively speaking, I had been a moderate customer but more than made up for that in the May sale, to say the least, essentially stockpiling for what has happened this weekend with the beta release of airports for V4. Now that 64 bit is here, I have no issues whatsoever with their products at full price.  They've always been good value but now their use is unencumbered by technical restrictions.