Sign in to follow this  

P3D V4 - VA 777 - connects, accepts key input, but my iPad display doesn't get updated?

I get connected to but I have to manually select the aircraft from the VA Control panel.  Once connected the screen on my iPad does update to match the 777.  Input on my iPad will change the FMC in P3D V4 but nothing is updated on my iPad screen.

Checked firewall, all is good there.

Any suggestions?

Cheers, Rob

4 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I get connected to but I have to manually select the aircraft from the VA Control panel.  Once connected the screen on my iPad does update to match the 777.  Input on my iPad will change the FMC in P3D V4 but nothing is updated on my iPad screen.

Checked firewall, all is good there.

Any suggestions?

Cheers, Rob

This happened to me Rob. I solved it by running the VA Interface as an administrator.

Walter Meier

Thanks Walter, I did have the VAInterface set to "Run As Admin" ... however I was launching from the Desktop shortcut that gets installed with VA Interface installer.  Apparently I needed to actually right click and select "Run As Admin" on the VAInterface.exe located in my "Virtual Avonics" folder (NOTE: compatibility was already set to "Run as Admin").

What is odd -- I didn't have to do this with the PMDG 737NGX - it worked fine without the run as admin.

So far I've got the VA CDU working with:

PMDG 737NGX

PMDG 777

iFLY 747

AS A320

iFLY 737

Haven't tried with the IXEG 737 for XP11 yet, next on my list to test.

I'm hoping VA will take on new projects for PMDG 747, CRJ700/900, MJC Q400 (once it goes x64), TFDi 717, and QW 787.

Appreciate your help Walter.

Cheers, Rob.

13 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Appreciate your help Walter.

You're welcome, Rob.

I noticed the same, by the way: the NGX worked fine without running as admin. And interesting observation regarding running as admin by right-clicking rather than simply having it checked in the Compatibility tab. I've noticed some odd behavior in saving panel states in the NGX if I don't right-click and run P3D as admin, even though I have the box checked in Compatibility. I wonder where the difference lies.

Walter Meier

On further testing it seems I just needed to make sure "Run As Administration" was set via Compatibility tab on the EXE and not via the Shortcut link.  I've had this issue before on other add-ons ... my understanding is that setting "Run As Administrator" via the shortcut link "should" be the same as setting directly on the EXE ... I'm on Win 10 1703 so perhaps this is something specific to my OS version?

Anyway, all good now ... just add to my long long list of notes. :)

Cheers, Rob.

I can get it to connect on my Android phone but same thing, it just sits there on the connected screen on the phone and nothing updates. Are you guys runnning the  VAInterface_2.24.0.11633.exe to start it or the original vainterface.exe that gets installed with the program?

Edit: The buttons are fully functional but no update on the android phone...

3 hours ago, Slayer said:

Are you guys runnning the  VAInterface_2.24.0.11633.exe to start it or the original vainterface.exe that gets installed with the program?

I went as far as deleting the old .exe and renaming the new one to read vainterface.exe. Don't think that was necessary, though. I did that while troubleshooting. It was later that I found, as I mentioned above, that what did solve the issue for me of the display not working was running vainterface as an administrator.

Walter Meier

14 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

I went as far as deleting the old .exe and renaming the new one to read vainterface.exe. Don't think that was necessary, though. I did that while troubleshooting. It was later that I found, as I mentioned above, that what did solve the issue for me of the display not working was running vainterface as an administrator.

Tried running as admin too but still no display. Tried various combinations of admin on P3D and vainterface but no go.

3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Tried running as admin too but still no display. Tried various combinations of admin on P3D and vainterface but no go.

I'm afraid I don't know what else I can suggest. Hopefully the guys at VA will release a new version soon that works for everyone.

Walter Meier

It just started working lol...I toggled the aspect ratio and font scaling settings in the app and restarted it that seems to have fixed it...weird

On 06/08/2017 at 9:50 PM, Slayer said:

I can get it to connect on my Android phone but same thing, it just sits there on the connected screen on the phone and nothing updates. Are you guys runnning the  VAInterface_2.24.0.11633.exe to start it or the original vainterface.exe that gets installed with the program?

Edit: The buttons are fully functional but no update on the android phone...

Wher did you get VAInterface_2.24.0.11633?

I can only find VAInterface_2.23.1 here : https://virtualavionics.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007245587-VAInterface-2-23-1-Current-Version-

Yvan PERO - LH450

YvanPERO.png

Just to clarify, in addition to making sure I selected "Run As Administrator" on the EXE (not the shortcut link), I also ran the VA Control Panel after loading P3D V4 with one of the VA support aircraft (i.e. PMDG, iFly, etc.) and selected the aircraft type from the dropdown list (do NOT use "Default") ... you have to select the EDIT button which enabled selection from the dropdown list, select the aircraft you're using, then hit the SAVE button.

Cheers, Rob. 

I'm having the same problem - I tried to do various things to solve this but to no avail. My tablet connects to VAInterface, it shows "Connected to VAInterface version 2.24...", the FMC inputs are accepted in P3D V4 but nothing updates on the tablet. This happens with both PMDG 737 & 777.