Sign in to follow this  
FlyBaby

Flight1 GTN 750 performance impact

Hi,

My Specs are i7 7700k / 16GB 3200 Ram / GTX 1080

Question 1

Can anyone comment on the performance impact of the flight1 GTN 750?

I am flying AntsAirplane's Eaglet to use with the GTN 750.

Currently I am capable of flying the Carenado DA42 glass cockpit smoothly...if that's any type of reference point.

Also

I see that we can't load P3D flight plans into the GTN 750. How does Active Sky P4 know what weather to load if a P3D flight plan is not loaded?

• Like 1

I don't really see any hit with the gtn units

• Upvote 1

Regarding flight plan, just load your flight plan into active sky and then enter the flight plan manually into the GTN unit.

• Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire

Hi,

My (freeware) SimLauncherX application can export FSX/P3D flight plans in Garmin .gfp format to be used by the GTN units.

Maarten

• Upvote 3

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

No noticeable performance hit.  I have a similar setup as you, only difference is I have a gtx1070.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

I don't really see any hit with the gtn units

Me neither. What I get is the GTN slowing to a crawl when it is undocked. When docked, it is nice and smooth.

Russ

• Upvote 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

2 hours ago, mawibo said:

Hi,

My (freeware) SimLauncherX application can export FSX/P3D flight plans in Garmin .gfp format to be used by the GTN units.

Maarten

Really? You're trying hard to get me to try SimLauncherX. (getting close too)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I've documented this in other areas but the GTN 750 will use 5-10% of your CPU so if you have it set to one core that could use 40% of that core just for the GTN if you open 2 GTNs in your panel it doubles. I tend to run my GTN 750 or 650 on the last 2 core option this way it stays off the first core and allows two cores to spread the load. By the way things like ChasePlane also use 4-6% of total CPU so these things add up. I tend to move all addons to the second core that are small users and larger uses like GTN and CPto either the last two cores. The GTN configuration tool has this option. I use Simstarter NG to launch all my addons and assign cores to keep everything off the first core (core 0) to allow it for P3D which even in v4 bangs that core 100%.

Bottome line GTN 750 uses the most CPU of any addons I run and you should watch core loading with the task manager to balance things. Oh by the way I network Active Sky weather in from a client PC, if you don't do that cores will fill up quickly with medium to high settings.

Joe

• Upvote 2

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

48 minutes ago, joepoway said:

I've documented this in other areas but the GTN 750 will use 5-10% of your CPU so if you have it set to one core that could use 40% of that core just for the GTN if you open 2 GTNs in your panel it doubles. I tend to run my GTN 750 or 650 on the last 2 core option this way it stays off the first core and allows two cores to spread the load. By the way things like ChasePlane also use 4-6% of total CPU so these things add up. I tend to move all addons to the second core that are small users and larger uses like GTN and CPto either the last two cores. The GTN configuration tool has this option. I use Simstarter NG to launch all my addons and assign cores to keep everything off the first core (core 0) to allow it for P3D which even in v4 bangs that core 100%.

Bottome line GTN 750 uses the most CPU of any addons I run and you should watch core loading with the task manager to balance things. Oh by the way I network Active Sky weather in from a client PC, if you don't do that cores will fill up quickly with medium to high settings.

Joe

Agree ,

Tried with GTN.INI Core =998 (which puts the GTN1 (750) on core 3+4 and GTN 2 (650) on core 0+1 (?) (I7-4770K HT OFF)

Doing so increased the load on those cores making my before stable OC crash at FTX Germany Berlin:biggrin:. Its summertime and outside temp is having an influence as well.

Maybe spreading them over 3 cores is better. 

Is there a way without Simstarter (dont have it) to set the CPU Cores for Chaseplane,Active Sky Network,Vpilot etc automatically ?

Noticed that Chaseplane was struggling to change views sometimes on 2 cores (1+2)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

3 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Agree ,

Tried with GTN.INI Core =998 (which puts the GTN1 (750) on core 3+4 and GTN 2 (650) on core 0+1 (?) (I7-4770K HT OFF)

Doing so increased the load on those cores making my before stable OC crash at FTX Germany Berlin:biggrin:. Its summertime and outside temp is having an influence as well.

Maybe spreading them over 3 cores is better. 

Is there a way without Simstarter (dont have it) to set the CPU Cores for Chaseplane,Active Sky Network,Vpilot etc automatically ?

Noticed that Chaseplane was struggling to change views sometimes on 2 cores (1+2)

Thanks

Michael Moe

You can do it manually with task manager>details>affinity assignment but it needs to be done every time you start up because it doesn't hold. Another popular choice is Process Lasso

Also remember to keep things off the first core which is core zero that gets consumed by P3D

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

On 06/08/2017 at 1:05 AM, mawibo said:

Hi,

Maarten

At present there is a bug with the GTN Cmplete and for some users it can't import gfp files (certainly in P3D V4).

It's being followed up in support forum. 

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

You can call up an AM through FSuipc4 , ( not tried it in FSuipc5 )

this is the command line for AS16 in p3dv3.4

[Programs]
Run1=AM=12,CLOSE,C:\Program Files (x86)\HiFi\AS16_P3D\AS16.exe

bob

On 6.8.2017 at 2:05 AM, mawibo said:

Hi,

Maarten

Where can I find the function to export a Garmin .gfp Flightplan ? I can not find anything about it in the SimLaucherX-Manual.

Thanks, Achim

PS: Found in the Flightplan Menu

Hi Achim,

The manual still needs to be updated. You can look through the change log ('Change log' button on the Home ribbon tab) for the latest features,

To export a flight plan, just select a flight plan and select 'Export to .gfp' on the 'Flight plan' ribbon tab (last button in the Route group).

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

One is fine but 2 seems to have a GPU impact.  If not there is a botlekneck somewhere.

Cheers

jja

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER