Sign in to follow this  
myanezt

IDENTIFY VOR AND LOCS

HI, is possible identify the VOR and LOCs? I mean the push button that the real garmin have in order to listen the morse VOR codes..

Hi, this is a good idea, especially since we could map any function to the button. It is just that the X-Plane radio system is not entirely like a real one and doesn't provide a 'momentary' NAV monitor function. I'm not sure about this one in fact, so I'll have to see!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you Jean, additionally I have an PFC CR and they have mapped the PFC 430 with an wav files that reproduce the morse. I think that  should be easy to map same way on the RXP.

Do you mean it is a static wav file, which plays the same morse code whichever station tuned in?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

yes, they have one file per dash and another per dot. Dont know how they have programmed that

dash_MIDDLE.wav

dash_OUTER.wav

dot_INNER.wav

dot_MIDDLE.wav

Thank you for this information.

I'd rather have a simulator native function for listening to tuned nav station morse code though for now, but we'll see if we can make this working. Not for the next update though, there is already much on the plate!

6 hours ago, IFRPilot said:

You can do it in version 1 ....but not V2 ?

You're right, we could do it the very same way, but this wouldn't work as-is (like just copy/paste code) otherwise it would be done already. Like I've said before, we'll have to see, and I'm sorry if this takes a little longer than expected.

Fingers crossed.  Hopefully we can get this feather on the next update.

I'm going to switch back to version 1 unless there's work-around to identify Navaid. It's kinda hard to do IFR proficiency flying without it.

Tom

Hi, the only thing the legacy GNS was doing in this regard is to enable/disable the audio panel NAV audio, because there is no such thing as 'temporary override' (i.e. NAV/COM monitor) on the simulated audio panel.

Although it makes the audio panel playing the NAV audio, it causes other problems, such as when a user wants to disable the NAV audio while the GNS IDENT mode is active. 

This is why we rather take the time to think this feature out properly before offering it, especially as for now we are working on further stabilizing the implementation, prior adding new features.

In the meantime, it will work the same should you use the audio panel NAV mode though.